Chapter 39

"It's snowing!" Bode screams at the top of his lungs and runs off and out the front door.

"Oh wow." Duncan and Nina both turn to see the snow falling outside the window.

Tyler turns around and looks down at my arms. Then he looks back up.

"I didn't do it."

"Sorry. Just..."

"It's fine." He stands up and grabs my hand, helping me to my feet.

We walk outside. Bode is running around with his face up and tongue out. Kinsey and the others come out behind us. I grab Tyler's hand and we walk out into the snow. The flakes are big and stick to the ground. I lean my head up and close my eyes, feeling each snowflake land on my face. I feel Tyler's hand move up my arm and around me.

"Put out your hands." I listen to him.

I feel a small-sized box of lightweight put onto my hands.

"Open your eyes." He whispers into my ear.

I open my eyes and see a small red box. I take off the lid and see a necklace. I take it out and at the end of the chain is a small key that is shaped like a heart at the end. I look over to him, smiling. I see the chain around his neck and he pulls it out, showing me a small red lock in the shape of a heart.

"Awww." I lean forward and kiss him. "I didn't really have the chance to..."

"It's fine." He interrupts.

"No..." I smile and lean into his ear, whispering something too inappropriate to be loud and in front of his family.

"Oh... Oh?" He looks at me, blushing. "That's.... Quite the gift..."

"I thought you'd like it." We kiss again.

"I love you." Love?

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"Um..."

"Oh. No. It's fine."

"Tyler..." He tries turning around, but I grab him by his shoulder. "Tyler... That word... it's... it's not something I have ever said."

"I understand."

"Ty. Please, just listen." He nods. "I like you more than I've ever liked anyone in my life before, times 50. And I so badly want to say those words, but... but I don't know. One day I hope to be able to say it. I really do." I grab both his hands tight.

"Okay. I still love you though." He helps put the necklace around me.

We look back out at the snow. I enjoy him. He enjoys me. And we just stand there enjoying each other until it's too cold to stand out there any longer.