Chapter 25

"Are you sure?" I hear Kinsey ask Tyler again as they walk upstairs.

"Of course."

They vanish for a few minutes and then come back down with a bunch of keys in each of their hands.

"What's going on?" They walk me over to the kitchen and place the keys down.

"These keys are magic." I just stare at Tyler as he speaks. "Long story short, we moved here and discovered a bunch of magical keys that belong to our family. They each do something different. One of which lets us go into someone's head and see their memories."

"Oh." I don't really know what else to say.

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you this before." Tyler places his hand on mine.

"It's honestly more my fault." Kinsey chimes in. "We've recently had problems with telling too many people, some of which were not great people to tell. So when you came to town I was a little nervous."

"It's fine. I get it now. So, when do we go in my head?"
"Oh. Wow. Yeah." Tyler looks shocked. "Right now I guess." He picks up one key that has a head on it, a bit on the nose.

"So what do we do? A specific key?"

"No," Kinsey says. "Turn around." I do so.

I feel a tiny bit of pressure on the back of my neck right before I'm suddenly standing right beside Tyler.

"What the fuck." I look at myself standing there, a key sticking out of my neck. "Whoa." I see a giant red door standing behind Kinsey.

"You ready?" Tyler looks at me.

"No. But we're doin' this anyway."

"What are you guys doing?" All of our heads turn to see Duncan standing there.

"We're going into my head to find memories about my parents to try and figure out what this thing in my head is that keeps hurting me." I point to my bruised neck.

"Oh... well don't get hurt."

"We'll try."

"Can you watch his body while we go in?" Tyler asks.

"Sure. I'll make dinner for when you get back."

"Thanks." I nod my head and he nods back.

Kinsey turns and opens the door. Then we all walk forward.