Opening

On a wooden crate, there is a lantern, with rolled up parchment paper, an ink well bottle, a paint brush, dice, and other stuff. And there's also a parchment paper rolled up from both sides.

With that, the map unrolls itself to reveal an isle known as the Inkwell Isles.

Song:

Come with me to the Inkwell Isles

Soon, it zooms into the map.

Song:

It's just off the coast maybe 29 miles

Then the map changes to the actual isle. The isle has mountains, a volcano island, a town, lighthouse, a large forest, and a pier. Along with a few smaller islands, including one that has a volcano. Flying over the island is a flying greenish yellow three headed dragon. A pirate ship, and a mermaid with an octopus on her head, wears a purple seashell bikini top, and bluish green scale. She jumps and dives into the water.

Song:

When there's good

And there's bad

Soon, the scenery changes to a forest where an owl is standing on a tree branch.

Song:

And then there's in-between

The owl takes flight, and flies through the forest.

Song:

With Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose

Soon, the owl flies to a house Somewhere in the woods of the isle, there is one house that looks like a teapot with two round windows, a bluish green door, and a straw roof In front there is a stone path, a garden, a white fence around the small hill the house is on, and a goat tied by a rope outside, a well, with a tree on the right side. And there's a rock path that leads to the house.

Song:

You'll see what I mean

The house begins to shake, and there's an explosion that causes the roof to pop up in the air, and lands back on the house with smoke coming out of the opening as well.

Song:

Ice cream and rockets

Then, bursting through the doors and flying out of the house on a red rocket are the brothers, Cuphead and Mugman, and their friend, Red Rose.

Elder Kettle comes out through the busted door and shakes his cane in anger.

Song:

Trouble never ends

Then Elder Kettle ducks as the rocket with the three fly over him.

Song:

What these ding-dongs

They fly through the forest until they end up hitting a tree branch, and fall in some mud.

Song:

As they make new friends

They look up to see Ribby and Croaks dressed in suits glaring down at them and swing their boxing gloves to beat them, but Mugman drags Cuphead away as Red Rose quickly follows. Soon, the two frogs end up hitting each other.

They run through the city past characters like the Root Pack: Chauncey, Sal, and Ollie, reading a newspaper. Porkrind, carrying a crate. There are also other beings.

Song:

They'll need some help

Just to stay on track

Then, someone grabs Cuphead and Mugman by their handles and drags them away as Red Rose, holding Muman's hand, is dragged away as well. They end up getting spinned, and stand between Ms. Chalice with dizzy looks in their eyes as Ms. Chalice smiles.

Just then, the rocket flies past them.

Song:

Oh no, there's that guy

The scene changes to the underworld under the Inkwell Isle, where the Devil is sitting on his throne, with King Dice, and the large purple henchman are. The purple henchman is holding a tray with a gold teapot.

Song:

You better watch your back

He opens his right eye wide as the pupil changes its shape to the three friends.

Then, the scene changes again to see Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose walking down the path with smiles on their faces. Next to the path is a white fence, and between the road are happy dancing flowers, and the sun is smiling in the sky.

Song:

Well if you're looking for fun

The rocket continues to fly out of control as it looks around the sun.

Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose:

Yes we're looking for fun

A lightning flashes and changes the scene to a road dark night scenery with tombstones, dead dancing skeleton flowers, ghost, and the moon showing an evil grin. The three friends hug each other in fear.

Song:

And a dash of heebie jeebies

Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose:

We've got the heebie jeebies

Just then, the rocket flies towards them and picks the three up.

Song:

Pack your bags and let's go

The rocket flies up into the night sky, where the moon is shining, stars twinkling, and a bit of clouds in the sky. Then curves downward. The rocket continues to fly down and towards a theater.

Song:

Welcome to The Cuphead Show

Inside the theater, there is a large audience with a band performing on the stage. On the stage, there are violins, flutes, trumpets, clarinets, and other instruments. There is also an instrument who is a conductor.

The rocket hits the conductor as Cuphead and Red Rose hope off. Cuphead takes the conductor's place and begins to conduct the instruments to play the music as Red Rose watches and rocks her head to the beat.

Song:

Welcome to The Cuphead Show

Cuphead continues to conduct the music as Red Rose watches, unaware that the rocket Mugman is still on it, flies around the theater before towards then. Seeing that, Cuphead and Red Rose quickly tuck their heads as the rocket explodes. After the explosion, it leaves a large hole with the instruments covered in dust from the explosion, and the stage is a mess.

Cuphead and Red Rose look at the audience. Cuphead shrugs his shoulders and bow his head, making Red Rose giggle.

Then the curtains go down and there's a logo that reads, 'The Cuphead Show: Red Rose Edition!'

Mugman, who has been bruised from the explosion, walks on the stage and plays a trombone before collapsing face first on the ground.