Episode 21: A High Seas Adventure! Part 1

One day, Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose are at the Inkwell docks. Mugman is eating a caramel apple as the three walk down the docks.

"What're we doing at the dock?" Mugman asks.

"Yeah. Why are we here?" Red Rose adds.

"Oh, you'll see," Cuphead says.

They walk past sailors who are patching up their ships, pulling ropes to lift their cargo, and gathering up their supplies.

Cuphead turns to Mugman, and asks, "Tell me, Mugsy, you ever wish you were a pirate?"

As the thre dodge two guys passing cargo boxes over their heads, and a dead sharp falls on the docks. So the three walk over it.

"You know very well that I do," Mugman answers.

" Well, all your swashbuckling dreams are about to come true, 'cause we're gonna have a high seas adventure!" Cuphead shouts with excitement.

"A high sea adventure, huh," Red Rose says, taking an interest.

But Mugman says, "We don't know the first thing about sailing. We could end up dead."

"That, my little blue-nosed friend, is why it's called an adventure!" Cuphead says, and takes Mugman's candy apple.

Then points to Red Rose, "And that's why Red Rose is with us. She's an expert on high sea adventures."

"That's true. She's practically raised on the high seas," Mugman says.

Red Rose smiles and says, "It's true I've been with my father out of ea since I was a baby, and learn a lot from him and the crew."

And then a seagull swoops in and takes it away.

"Ooh, my candied apple!" Mugman cries out.

"Adventure!" Cuphead cheers.

"Alright!" Red Rose cheers.

Then Cuphead begins to climb the rope ladder on the ship.

But Mugman quickly stops him, "Wait, wait, wait. You can't just climb aboard someone's ship. You need permission first."

"Only if the ship's painted red," Cuphead says.

"The ship is painted red," Red Rose points out.

But Cuphead says, "I wasn't finished. Painted red-purp-orange!"

"Red-purp-orange isn't even a color!" Mugman points out.

"So we're good then," Cuphead says, and climbs up the ship.

Then Mugman turns away with his arms crossed and says, "I refuse to board without permission."

"Suit yourself," Cuphead says, and climbs up the rope ladder and into the ship.

"I'll go follow him," Red Rose says, and climbs up after him.

Soon, Mugman is alone on the dock.

Soon, he hears Cuphead's voice, "Wow, so amazing!"

Mugman opens his eyes to see Cuphead and Red Rose.

Cuphead calls out, "Mugman, you gotta see this!"

But Mugman says, "Not without permission!"

Then Mugman continues to hear Cuphead's voice, "Oh, look at this! I can't believe it!" Cuphead laughs, "And one of these! I've always wanted one of these! Holy Toledo, is that..."

"They sure are," Red Rose says.

Mugman struggles and has trouble resisting Cuphead's excitement.

Cuphead calls out to his brother, "Mugman, you're missing out. You could be having a high seas adventure right now!"