Episode 58: Down and Out

Man: This is my story, as told by me, a guy with a song in his heart and a dice for a head. I used to have it all... Money... influence... and fame. I was in my prime. 'King,' they called me.

King Dice is at the radio station and getting ready for his next show. Once ready, he walks out of his dressing room to get on the stage.

People of Inkwell in the audience chant, "King Dice! King Dice! King Dice!

Soon, King Dice walks on the stage as he sings and dances.

King Dice:

Heedle heedle heedle heedle

Zee-do dee-do deedle

Skee-doo-loo-bop doo dee-doo-zee-zaym

Scoo-doo-loo bah-di-lee doo doo day

Way-oh!

King Dice: Yeah, it was fun while it lasted. And then... I lost everything.

Ever since the fiasco on the game Roll the Dice, King Dice has been living on the street. His clothes have gotten dirty, and looks like a wreck.

King Dice: Without my show, without my audience, I'm nothing.

King Dice groans and sighs as he yawns and wakes up from his sleep. He stretches as his spine cracks and lets out a sigh.

He sniffs and says, "Breakfast is ready."

He walks over towards a heated trashcan and takes out a shoe on the stick. He soon begins to eat it.

Suddenly, he hears Cuphead's voice, "Step right up! Step right up!"

That causes him to stop, "Huh?"

Cuphead's voice continues, "Come one, come all!"

"That voice. It sounds so familiar," Dice says to himself.

King Dice takes a peek behind the wall of the building to see Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose. Mugman is sitting on a box with a small dummy version of himself and wears a bowtie.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." Cuphead's voice continues, "Step right up and see the amazing ventriloquist Mugman and his friend the dummy!"

Mugman then turns to the Dummy "Hey, Dummy, what do you get when you cross an elephant with a fish?"

"I don't know. I give up," The dummy says.

"Swim trunks!" Mugman says.

Then the summy says, "Wow, that joke's a stinker." and laughs mockingly.

The spectators groan. Red Rose even sighs while rolling her eyes. She has to admit, even that joke kind of stinks.

One of them says, "Oh, that's terrible."

Cuphead nervously laughs, "The better jokes come at the end, folks."

Red Rose sighs, "To be honest guys, that joke was really bad."

Seeing the three friends, more specifically Cuphead and Red Rose, Dice says to himself, "It was that cup kid and his red rose haired girlfriend. They were the reason everything soured."

King Dice then grabs a pipe and plans to strike at the two.

"Let's get one thing straight. If I'm gonna be your manager, you gotta get some new material," Cuphead says.

Suddenly, they see someone overshadow them and turn their heads to see King Dice.

Dice raises the pipe over his head in anger, "Oh, you!"