Episode 35: Lost in the Woods

One day at the cottage, Mugman is chopping firewood with Elder Kettle watching. Mugman lifts the axe and chop the wood in half. Red Rose is also helping them chop the firewood as well.

Mugman turns to Red Rose and says, "Thanks for helping us chop the firewood Red Rose."

"It's no problem. I'm always happy to help," Red Rose says, and continues chopping the fire wood.

Sweating a bit, Mugman wipes it off and says, "Whew! Chopping firewood sure is hard work."

"True, true, my boy. But if you work hard today..." Elder Kettl says.

Then Mugman says, "You can rest easy tomorrow. Being prepared is my middle name."

Then brings out a sash covered in badges, "Don't forget, I was the most decorated Cub Scout in my troop." and places it on.

"And don't you forget," Elder Kettle says.

But says in a very serious tone, "Winter is a merciless killer! We must procure enough firewood to keep us warm through the long, dark nights."

He then happily says, "But with you and your brother's hard work, I'm sure we'll have more than enough to survive the winter." Elder Kettle turns his body as he asks, "Isn't that right, Cuphead?"

However, they notice that Cuphead is not here.

"Cuphead?" Elder Kettle says, confused.

Elder Kettle walks over and wonders, "Uh, where is that boy? And why hasn't he chopped a single piece of firewood?"

Suddenly, Elder Kettle hears sizzling and turns to see Cuphead has lit up a fuse on a rocket and it launches into the air with an explosion. Cuphead laughs at the sight of it.

Elder Kettle scolds him, "Oh! Consarn it, Cuphead! Don't you realize winter's coming? This is the time to work hard so we can enjoy..."

However, Cuphead ignores him and watches another rocket fly in the air and explodes, making him laugh.

Elder Kettle grabs Cuphead by the wrist and lectures him, "That does it! You think this is funny?" and turns him to the firewood, "Well, now you are gonna take this pile of firewood and stack it neatly..."

However, Elder Kettle sees Cuphead has tied the firewood to the rocket that is lit. It flies in the air and explodes destroying the chopped wood.

Elder Kettle is streaming mad now, "Do you have any idea what you've just done?"

"Yeah, I got rid of all that stinkin' hard work," Cuphead says.

And Elder Kettle says worried, "And now we don't have any firewood for the winter."

"Eh, I ain't too worried about it," Cuphead says.

"Oh, is that so?" Elder Kettle replies with a smile.

And sternly say, "Well, now you get to gather the entire season's worth of firewood by yourself."

Then yells at him, "So get chopping!"

Cuphead deflates and says, "Yes, Elder Kettle." and walks away to do as he's told.

"Uh, you do realize he didn't even take an axe?" Mugman questions.

Red Rose sighs and says, "Come on Mugman, let's go find Cuphead.

Elder Kettle groans in reply.

Sometime later, in the forest, Mugman and Red Rose continue to chop the wood, but Cuphead ties them to a rocket and launches them into the air. After doing it a few times, Mugman and Red Rose glare at him.