Episode 19: Charmed and Dangerous

One sunny day at the cottage, Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose are practicing their tap dancing routine in front of Elder Kettle who is sitting on the couch and holding the cookie jar in his hand. Cuphead and Mugman are trying to charm Elder Kettle to give them some cookies, while Red Rose is doing it because it's fun to dance with the boys. Elder Kettle follows the beat. Cuphead points to Mugman, and he dances. Then Mugman points to Red Rose, and she tap dances. Then Red Rose gestures to Cuphead to dance. Cuphead and Mugman take each other's hand and tap dance as they spin their heads. Red Rose tap dance as she twirls. Cuphead and Mugman dance on the stairs. Then Cuphead and Red Rose dance together as Mugman plays the piano. The three continue to dance. Even Mugman is dancing with a top hat and a cane and finishing up with a pose. Elder Kettle whistles and applauds to the three and blows his spout.

Cuphead whispers to Mugman, "Looks like it worked."

Mugman whispers back, "Yeah, he's charmed all right."

Elder Kettle laughs and says, "So charming! But you will never charm your way into my cookie jar!" and eats one of the cookies.

"Red Rose on the other hand is charming and did a very good dance. Here you go," Elder Kettle says, and hands her a cookie.

"Thank you," Red Rose says.

"Aww!" The two brothers say, defeated.

Then Elder Kettle walks away.

Red Rose decides to cut her cookie in three pieces and gives them to Cuphead and Mugman.

"Thanks Red Rose," Cuphead says.

"No problem," Red Rose says.

Then the three eat their piece of the cookie.

Frustrated, Mugman says, "We've been doing that dumb dance Chalice taught us for weeks, and it hasn't worked once."

"But it seems to work for Red Rose," Cuphead says.

"Either way, I tell ya, Cuphead, she was messing with us," Mugman says.

"No way! Chalice wouldn't do that," Cuphead denies.

"We know nothing about her, except she abandoned us,"Mugman says, annoyed.

"Other than that she is somehow able to charm people so easily, and that she's a good dancer," Red Rose says.

"See, that's three things we know about her already," Cuphead says.

Mugman sighs and says, "I really thought she was gonna be our friend. It was nice not being on our own," as he picks up the top hat and cane and walks away with them.

"Hey, Chalice is a great friend," Cuphead says.

Then Red Rose crosses her arms, "Sorry Cuphead, but I'm not really seeing her as a friend. We almost got thrown in jail because of her. She said she liked hanging out with us, but decided to leave when the cops showed up."

Mugman puts the top hat and cane away as he says, "I have to agree with Red Rose. If she's so great, how come we never heard from her again, hmm?"

She crosses her arms with a crown, "Sorry, but I'm still a bit mad at her.

Suddenly, they hear a knock on the door.

"Ooh, maybe that's your dear friend Chalice now," Mugman says, sarcastically.

Mugman stretches his arm, grabs the knob and opens the door. To his surprise, Chalice is at the door.

"Hey, it's me, Chalice!" Chalice happily says.

And Mugman slams the door on her.

Cuphead rushes to the door, "Chalice!"

Cuphead opens the door, but Chalice quickly lets herself in, "Shh! Keep it down, will ya?"