Episode 27: The I Scream Man

One day in the cottage, Mugman is lying on the couch in the living room. He looks very sick. He has a blanket covering him as his head lies on the pillow. He has a thermometer in his mouth and an ice pack on his head. Elder Kettle and Cuphead are close by to see how sick Mugman is. Mugman sighs and lets out moans and shivers.

"Oh! Sick as a dog," Elder Kettle says, and pats Mugman on the head.

Then says, "I'm afraid you're going to have to miss out on our errands today."

"Oh no! Maybe I could just..." Mugman says sickly, and tries to get up.

He ends up coughing and drops the thermometer that shatters to pieces on the ground.

Gently, Cuphead tucks Mugman into bed and says, "Easy, buddy."

"Rest up now," Elder Kettle says.

Then the two walk to the door.

"We'll be back before you know it," Elder Kettle says and puts on his hat and scarf.

Then Elder Kettle and Cuphead leave the house and close the door.

"Poor Mugman, he loves errands," Cuphead says.

Then Elder Kettle says, "Errands are pretty great. Maybe we could save just one errand for Mugman."

They both think for a second and say, "Hmm. Nah!"

They both laugh and take their leave. They jump in Elder Kettle's truck and drive off.

They happily cheer, "Errands! Whoo!"

Meanwhile, Mugman looks outside the window to see them gone.

Still sick, Mugman says, "Oh, how I love errands." Then turns around, "But sometimes one must go to extremes to do the things one wishes to do."

He removes the blanket and the ice pack, and looks very well. Turns out, Mugman faked being sick to not go on today's errands. He makes himself a pot of tea, fluffing his pillow, and turns on the light. Now Mugman is sitting on the chair with a book in his hand.

Mugman happily says, "At last, peace and quiet. Now I can finally enjoy my book."

Mugman turns the book and begins to read, "The majestic pirate ship sailed across the open sea, led by the heart of a mighty hero. A hero so fearlessly bold, clever, and dangerous, but also quite handsome. The great Captain Mugbeard. He was a legendary pirate with a crew of miscreants.

Story: Mugman is captain Mugman who is standing on the bow of the ship as he gazes over the ocean blue. Cuphead, Elder Kettle, Ms. Chalice, and Red Rose are his crewmates, practicing their sword fighting and goofing around.

Captain Mugbeard says to his crew, "Rest up, ye mateys, for tomorrow, we slay the dreaded sea beast!"

Everyone cheers, "Argh! Slay the beast! Argh!" And raise their swords in the air.

Captain Mugbeard does the same, "Argh!"

The crew cheers, "Argh!"

Captain Mugbeard shouts, "Argh!"

The pirate shouts, "Argh!"

Captain Mugman cheers, "Argh!"

The pirates cheer, "Argh!"

"Argh!" Mugbeard says, sleepy.

Then says, "All right, enough already, go to bed."

Then everyone goes inside to get some sleep for the night.

Mugbeard touches his throat, "Jeez, all that argh-ing is really hard on the throat."

However, Captain Mugbeard sneaks to the row board and lowers it to the water. Then rows away.