Episode 18: Jailbroken

One day, at Inkwell Penitentiary, just outside the sea of Inkwell Isle, where many of the prisoners go, there are many different prisoners lifting weights, doing their activities and such. In the jail cells are more prisoners, among them are Cuphead and Mugman. Cuphead is staring in front of the jail bars while Mugman is lying on the bed hanging against the wall. Mugman marks down the time they've been stuck in prison with a piece of chalk.

He says in frustration, "We were tricked breaking into that cookie factory. This is what we get for listening to that Ms. Chalice." then tosses the chalk that lands in Cuphead's head.

Cuphead turns around, sticks his tongue out.

Then says in anger, "I don't want to hear another word about Chalice or cookies ever again."

"I told you we shouldn't have hung out with her," Mugman says.

But Cuphead angrily says, "No, you didn't."

Mugman sits up and says, confused, "I didn't? Well, that sounds like something I should have said.

"Yeah, aren't you supposed to be the cautious one?" Cuphead angrily says, pointing to Mugman.

"Oh, so now it's my fault we're in prison?" Mugman angrily questions.

"Pretty much," Cuphead answers.

Mugman deflates in reply,

Cuphead walks around as he says, "All I know is we gotta get out of here." and cries out, "I'm going nuts!"

"Plus, Elder Kettle's glasses are probably ready by now," Mugman says.

Then Cuphead wonders, "I'm more worried about Red Rose. How come she's not here. We woke up and she was gone."

Flashback:

At the cookie factory, Cuphead and Mugman have lost consciousness after bumping their heads. Soon, the two begin to regain consciousness.

Mugman places his hand on his head with a groan, "Urgh. My mug."

Cuohead rubs his head in pain, "Oh, what happened? Where's Red Rose and Chalice?"

Just then, the doors to the factory burst open and the police bees come in.

The one at the front shouts, "You're under arrest!"

The two brothers scream in a panic. In desperation, they try to tap dance and charm them like how Chalice teaches them. However, they have no effect on the police. So the police grab the two brothers and the next moment, the boys find themselves in jail.

Flashback Ends:

Mugman wonders, "I don't know. I don't think Red Rose would leave us, maybe she went after Chalice."

"Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised Red Rose will find a way to get us out," Cuphead says.

Then worriedly says, "I hope."

Sometime later, Cuphead and Mugman are sitting in the mess hall of the jailhouse.

Mugman turns to Cuphead, "I'm scared, Cuphead."

The prisoner growls at them, causing the brothers to whimper and scoot away. Then the hark prisoner growls at them, making them scoot back to where they are. Then accidently causes the prisoner to bump into a big monstrous prisoner. This causes the prisoner to become frightened and slowly turns to see a large cyclops-like prisoner with big pointed ears, and gold hoop earrings. Then she snaps her tray and the food she has flies off. The prisoner nervously chuckles before she grabs him by the head and takes him away. Then she beat him up, badly. The two brokers quick;y step back in fear.