Episode 61: Dance with Danger

Many Years Ago:

At Inkwell, there is an Orphanage, where many of the small children are working and doing the laundry as they are being watched by strict Penguin caretakers. They orphan children drown in sadness as they are busy folding clothes, doing the laundry, and other chores. Soon, a laundry cart is being pushed into the room.

Woman: Guess who always got the worst chores at the orphanage.

The one pushing the cart is none other than Ms. Chalice, when she's a small child. It's revealed that Chalice is an orphan and has been staying in the orphanage. She tries to push the cart with all her might. She continues to push and tries to use her back. Unable to push, she lands on her bottom in exhaustion. Chalice hears tapping and looks up to see one of the caretakers looking at her with a strict expression on her face. Chalice nervously giggles and continues to push the cart. Chalice soon saddens until she hears water splashing a rhythm piquing her interest, and makes her smile. Then the line strumming picks up the rhythm, along with the sheet flapping, towel flapping. And soon, Chalice begins to tap her foot with the other sounds, keeping up with the rhythm. And soon, Chalice begins to dance along with a smile on her face.

However, she ends up running to one of the caretakers.

With a strict tone, the caretaker questions, "Ms. Chalice, what's our number one rule?"

"No fun of any kind," The Orphans, including Chalice answer.

"Exactly," The caretaker says.

Then the bell rings.

The other caretaker rings the bell and shouts, "That's lunch."

Soon, all the orphans rush out of the laundry room and head off to get some lunch.

"Oh, lunch!" Chalice says, eager to have a way out.

She chuckles nervously, "I'd love to stay and chat, but that gruel isn't gonna eat itself."

But the caretaker stops her, "Not so fast." and drags her away.

Then shows her the bathroom stalls, "Lunch is only for children who abide by the rules." and gives her a toothbrush, "Now, scrub that floor."

Chalice sadly sighs and begins to scrub the floor with a toothbrush. However, Chalice can hear the rhythm from the scouring of the brush. She soon begins to laugh as she begins tap dancing with joy. However, the Penguins spot her, and try to stop her. They then have chalice on the washboard, but again, the rhythm makes her want to dance. They soon have her on the clothing line, the sheet folding, and towel folding, and do their best to keep an eye on them. However, try as the four caretakers might, Chalice just wants to keep dancing with a smile. Having had enough, one of the caretakers has Chalice wrapped in a blanket like a cocoon and has her hanging on the clothing line.

"You've left us no choice," The caretaker says.

Little Chalice struggles to break free, but she is unable to get out.

Ms. Chalice: They kept trying to keep me from dancin'. That's when I knew it was time for a change.

Soon Chalice smiles and decides that she can't let them hold her back anymore.

Later on, Chalice continues to do her chores as usual because of the Penguin caretakers. Unknown to them, Chalice decides to put her plan into motion. As she pushes the cart, Chalice secretly sneaks the rulers the Caretakers have away from then without them being aware. But suddenly, one of the caretakers spots her trying to take the ruler, causing the little Chalice to nervously laugh.

The caretaker questions her with a suspicious glance, "And just what do you think you're doing?!"

"Uh..." Chalice nervously says, before she dashes off with the car.