Episode 16: Get off the Rose's Back

In the Underworld, the Devil is sitting on his throne as he is deep in thought. Ever since another failed attempt to take Cuphead and Red Rose's souls and have seen the photograph Red Rose cherish, he can't get over what he has found out about Red Rose. Still, thinking about this newfound knowledge has the Devil bubbling up some past rage.

Just then, the purple minion flies over and says, "Hey, boss. You've been here for quite a while, so I decided to come and check on you."

He then notices the Devil is deep in thought.

He says, "Uh, you seem to have something on your mind since your last attempt with that cup and his girlfriend. Did something happen?"

The Devil growls in anger and is able to calm down. Well, short of.

He then says, "Something did happen alright, okay! I just can't believe that I didn't realize it sooner! That the brat who owes me her soul is the daughter of that meddling Captain Storm Wilds! I hate that guy!"

"Captain Storm Wilds? You mean that captain who foiled your plans to collect souls?" The minion asks, confused.

"That's the one! How many sailors who go by Captain Storm Wilds are there?!" The Devil angrily replies.

The minion scratches his head with a confused expression, "But I thought he left Inkwell Isles years ago?"

"He did! He left the island years ago and no one has seen him since. I just never expected to end up having to deal with his kid of all people," The Devil says.

"Look on the bright side, boss, Captain Storm is not here, and you can capture his daughter's soul," The minion says.

The Devil clutches his fingers that it tears the fabric on his throne, "Oh I plan on getting that girl's soul. I've wanted revenge on Captain Storm Wild since he ruined my chance to collect the souls. And I'll get my revenge by taking his daughter's soul."

He narrows his eyes and says, "I just need her to take off her sweater and separate herself from those friends of hers."

Sometime later, at the cottage in the woods on a sunny afternoon, the door opens and Red Rose steps out with a basket in her hand and has her bag over her shoulder. Cuphead and Mugman walk out to see her off.

"Now are you sure you're fine going out to town by yourself? Cause, Mugman and I don't mind going with you," Cuphead says.

"Yeah. After what Cuphead told me about what happened, the Devil is still determined to take your and Cuphead's souls," Mugman says.

"I'll be fine. I'm still wearing the invisibility sweater, and I promise to go to a few stores in town and then come straight back," Red Rose says.

"Are you sure you got your sweater on?" Mugmna asks, concern.

"Yes. You asked me five times and you even felt me wearing it," Red Rose says.

Mugman blushes, "Sorry, just want to make sure."

"And you'll be going straight back after your time in town, right?" Cuphead asks.

"I'll be fine," Red Rose says with a smile.

She then waves goodbye and says, "See you later."

"Bye," The boys wave goodbye to Red Rose as the girl walks away from the house.

And so, Red Rose leaves the cottage and walks down the path that will lead her out of the woods and to town so she can do some errands. However, she is soon noticed by the Devil who takes a peek from behind the tree. He evilly grins to see that Red Rose is not with the boys, but knows she is wearing the sweater.