Episode 48: The New Year's Ball Part 1

A snowy day at the Candy Castle of Sugarland, the servants and citizens of the castle are working around the clock for a special event taking place tonight. It's New Year's Eve, and Baroness Von Bon Von decides to celebrate the new year and the happy reunion of her family with a very special ball. Bon Bon looks at the ballroom to see the servants set up the tables for.

Bon Bon smiles happily and says, "There's nothing that says New Years than a Ball. I am so excited for tonight."

"It sure is dear," A familiar voice says.

Bon Bon happily turns her head to see Storm, her husband and Rose's father.

"Hi honey, how are you doing?" Bon Bon happily asks.

Storm chuckles, "Doing good dear. And feel ready for tonight."

"I sure hope so. I got the perfect outfit for you and me and Red Rose to wear. Your outfit represents the captain of the high seas you are," Bon Bon happily says.

"Sounds nice," Storm says.

"I already showed Red Rose her dress and she loves it. It makes her feel like a princess, and it goes great with her scepter," Bon Bon says.

"Yes. I can't wait for tonight," Storm says.

"And for the start of the ball, I think it will be great for you and Red Rose to take the first dance. You and I can dance after honey," Bon Bon says.

"And I'll take you up on the offer," Storm says and kisses Bon Bon on the cheek.

Bon Bon giggles and says, "I'm really looking forward to it."

Then Storm asks, "Where is Red Rose?"

"I think she's at her friend's house. She just loves hanging out with Cuphead and Mugman," Bon Bon says.

"I'll bet. From what Red Rose explains, she has become pretty close with the boys, especially with Cuphead," Storm says.

"I know. Of course, this will be a friendly visit. I think she mentioned that Chalice and Teacup will be there too. I'll bet they're talking about the ball happening tonight," Bon Bon says with a giggle.

At the cottage, Cuphead, Mugman, Red Rose, Chalice, and Teacup are having snacks and hot chocolate as they talk about the ball tonight.

"I can't wait for the ball tonight. We're going to have so much fun," Mugman says.

"Yeah. I can't wait to show everyone my dancing and charm," Chalice says, and begins to tap dance in the house.

"AS long as you don't try to charm them for free things. There's no need for that," Red Rose says.

"I promise. I'm going to have too much fun dancing and dancing with my pals," Ms. Chalice happily says.

"And getting ready for the new year," Teacup happily says.

"I love New Years. Almost as much as I love Christmas," Cuphead says.

"Yeah. We get to stay up late and tonight my mom is throwing a ball for the New Year and celebrating my family's being back together and our happy reunion," Red Rose says.

"That is a really special way to celebrate New Years," Mugman says.

"Yeah. Having some food, drinks, counting down and staying up until midnight, and to dance all night long" Cuphead says, and begins to dance.

However, his dance steps are rather less sturdy and begins to dance like crazy. Suddenly, he ends up stubbing his toe on the wall and he screams as he holds his foot. He ends up bumping into Elder Kettle's old radio, and the large horn falls at Cuphead's head.