Episode 9: Picnic Panic

One bright sunny day, in the cottage, Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose are in the kitchen and are having a fun time. Red Rose makes some sandwiches as Cuphead is putting out some sweets and goodies like cupcakes and candy. Mugman puts some fruits, vegetables and some chips inside of the basket. He then walks out of the kitchen. Red Rose finishes making the sandwiches and places them in the basket.

Mugman then returns with a blanket and gently places it in the basket as well.

Mugman sighs, "It's a great day to be going on a picnic."

"We're going to have so much fun, and have plenty of food to eat," Cuphead says.

"Yeah. It is going to be fun," Red Rose says.

Then asks, "Do you think we got everything?"

"I think we got plenty. We got plenty of food and snacks, a blanket," Cuphead says.

Then Mugman holds a map, "And a map of the isles. At least the forest area anyway, and I know the perfect place to have our picnic."

Then Cuphead holds a different bag, "And we got a few games to play with too."

"Well, it seems that we're ready," Red Rose says.

Mugman picks up the basket while Cuphead holds the bag. Mugman gives Red Rose the map so she can lead them to the destination. Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose walk to the front door as Mugman is holding the picnic basket with their picnic inside.

"Now that we're ready, we can go on our picnic," Mugman says.

Red Rose holds her hand up, making the boys stop, "Hold on boys."

Red Rose slowly opens the door and peeks outside. She looks at the left, and then to the right. The goat simply baas in reply. Red Rose smiles and happily waves to it. Then goes back inside and closes the door.

"What's up?" Cuphead asks.

Red Roses places her finger over her mouth and shushes, "Shhhhh."

Red Rose then takes a peek through the little window on the door to see no one is around.

"Well the coast is clear at least," Red Rose says.

"What's going on?" Mugman asks.

Red Rose says, "It's the Devil. I'm trying to make sure he isn't around. If he finds out we're going on a picnic, you know he'll try to steal my and Cuphead's souls."

Red Rose then walks past them, "Just in case, let's sneak out through the window. That tricky Devil could be right under our noses."

Red Rose then walks to the window and opens it. With that, Red Rose hops out the window and lands on the ground. Then Cuphead climbs out through the window as well. Mugman passes Cuphead the basket. And finally, Mugman jumps out the window.

Cuphead says with excitement, "This picnic's gonna be fun."

With that, the three friends walk away from the house and begin their travels to their picnic.

However, the Devil, who has been lurking behind the house, peeks out to see the three kids leaving the house.

"So, the little kids are going to a picnic all by themselves," The Devil says with an evil smirk on his face.

He then rubs his hands together with an evil grin and says, "I'm sure they won't mind if I tag along and help myself to a couple of souls on their little picnic."

The Devil brings out his pitchfork and taps it on the ground, making him disappear with a poof, planning on following them.

Sometime later in the woods, Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose continue to walk down the path so they can have their picnic.