Episode 33: Rat's All Folks

Somewhere in the forest, a fly is flying towards the cottage Cuphead and Mugman live in. The fly flies through the open door and lands in the front room. He then screams to flee before the newspaper can smack him. The one holding the newspaper is Elder Kettle.

He slams the door shut and shouts to the boys, "What did I tell you two about leaving the front door open? You know how I feel about varmints. How many times do I have to tell you boys, uh..."

However, he notices that the boys are not in the living room.

"Boys? Red Rose?" Elder Kettle calls out.

Suddenly, he hears a loud crashing sound.

"What in tarnation?!" Elder kettle cries out.

Mugman peeks out of the kitchen, "Don't come in!"

Then Cuphead says, "We're making you a surprise!"

"A surprise?" Kettle questions and thinks for a bit. "Hmm."

He smiles and says, "Well, I do love surprises." and giggles as he walks away.

Cuphead looks to see that Elder Kettle is gone.

He sighs in relief, "Phew! He bought it."

"Bought what?" Mugman asks. "We really are making him a surprise"

"Yeah. You telling him that it's a surprise, kind of defeats the purpose," Red Rose says.

"Oh right," Cuphead replies.

What Cuphead, Mugman, and Red Rose are doing, is making Elder Kettle a cake.

"Almost perfect," Cuphead says, and squeezes the piping bag to put more icing on it.

Then Cuphead says, "Hey, Mugsy, we're gonna need some more frosting."

"Way ahead of you," Mugman says, and walks to the cabinet.

He opens the cabinet door and grabs the chocolate frosting. He suddenly hears scraping sounds and looks to see a rat, opening a can of soup with a can opener. The rat wears a pair of greenish-brown overalls with yellow stripes on the sides, with only one strap over his shoulder, no shoes, and additionally he has a tail with a bandage on. He also wears a metal Pickelhaube helmet, white gloves.

Mugman smiles and says, "Oh, hello."

"Guten tag." the rat replies.

Mugman then closes the door and walks to the table.

"Who were you talking to?" Cuphead asks.

"A rat in the cupboard," Mugman says.

Red Rose stops and asks, "Did you say, a rat?"

"Yeah. A rat in the cupboard," Mugman says.

Then the boys exclaim, "Rat in the cupboard?"

The three friends arrive at the cupboard to hear tool whirring and tapping sounds. Cuphead opens the door to see the rat is working on some kind of vehicle made out of a soup can, small wooden wheels and other stuff.

"Hey! Who are you?" Cuphead demands. ( in German accent )

The rat climbs out from under the vehicle and takes off its blue tint goggles.

Then in a German accent, he says, "The name is Werner Werman."

"Uh, it's nice to meet you." Red Rose says.

"Pleasure," Werner says, and wipes his hands with a small cloth.

He then says, "I hereby claim ownership of this cottage and all its contents." and points the wrench at them, "You will leave immediate!"