Episode 20: The Go Kart Race of Doom

One bright day at the cottage, Cuphead and Red Rose are in the front yard and are making something that looks like a kart. Red Rose is hammering the boards together and Cuphead brings in two old seats.

"Here Red Rose, Elder Kettle kept this in the shed, but said we can use it," Cuphead says.

"Great. Just place it over there and you can help me hammer the rest of the kart together," Red Rose says.

"You got it," Cuphead says, and places the chair down and begins to help Red Rose.

Cuphead and Red Rose continue to work on hammering the nails and tightening the screws for their go kart.

Cuphead looks at the kart aerodynamic frame on the go kart, "You think it looks good."

Red rose looks at it and uses a measuring tape to measure it.

She nods her head and says, "Yep. I think the frame is at the right angle. The go-kart is also looking good. It should be big enough for all of us for both of us to fit in."

Just then, Mugman walks over to the house and smells the fresh air.

He sighs and says, "What a lovely day."

Then turns to see Cuphead and Red Rose working on the go-kart, "What are you two up to?"

"We're building a go-kart," Cuphead says.

"A go-kart? For what?" Mugman asks.

"It's for the Annual Inkwell Go-Kart Race. It's the day after tomorrow.," Cuphead says.

"Oh right. I forgot it's almost the Annual Inkwell Go-kart race. I remember you and I used to watch it all the time when we were kids," Mugman says.

"That's right. Red Rose and are going to be in the race this year. I always wanted to be in the race," Cuphead says.

"That sounds exciting. I always wanted to be in the race, too," Mugman says.

He then asks, " Do you think you got room for one more?"

Cuphead and Red Rose look at each other.

Red Rose says, "Well, the race crew can go up to three teammates and we have enough room for one more."

Cuphead then turns to Mugman, "Welcome to the team, Mugsy. You can start by bringing the wheels and steering wheel."

"You got it," Mugman says.

Then runs to the shed and digs through it. Cuphead and Red Rose hear a lot of banging and crashing sounds. Soon, Mugman comes out with four good sized wheels and a steering wheel.

"There we go. Four wheels for one go-kart," Mugman says.

"Great," Cuphead says.

"Put it next to the chair and help us construct the kart," Red Rose says.

Mugman nods his head and puts the wheels and steering wheel on the chair. Then grabs a screwdriver and helps the two construct the go-kart for the race.

As the three work on the go-kart, a periscope pops out from the ground of Elder Kettle's garden. The periscope turns a little and soon spots the three friends working on the go cart. The periscope is actually from the Devil who is spying on the three friends.

"Hmm, what are those three doing?" The Devil wonders.

Then says, "Whatever the're doing, I need to find a gay to get that girl and that cup's souls. Maybe I can use it to my advantage."

Just then, Henchman walks in, "Hiya boss, whatcha doing?"

The Devil rolls his eyes and asks, "What is it, Henchman?"