Episode 59: Fortune Prediction or Fate

One bright sunny day on the Inkwell Isles, specifically in the park, Cuphead and Red Rose watch as Ms. Chalice and Mugman are dancing together. They watch to see Ms. Chalice is teaching Mugman how to dance and how to be more charming with his dance steps.

Chalice giggles, "You're doing really great Mugman."

"Thanks, but you're still the best dancer I've ever seen," Mugman says.

"Aww. Thanks Mugman," Chalice happily says, and blushes a bit.

Mugman blushes as well, "And I have to say, you're also a great singer. You're also very charming as well."

"You really think so?" Chalice questions with a smile, "You're not just trying to flatter me, are you?"

"I truly mean it. You're very talented. I know you do all this to get free things, but I think you have a real great talent," Mugman says.

"Aw thank you," Chalice says.

Cuphead and Red Rose walk over to them.

"I have to admit, you're a really great performer. Maybe someday you can try to do some show business," Chalice says.

"Hmm, I haven't thought much about it," Chalice says.

"Maybe, but I hear show business is not easy," Red Rose says.

"I guess you're right. But I actually like what I do, having a solo business," Chalice says.

"That's true. You've been doing well so far," Red Rose says.

"Thanks," Chalice says.

Suddenly, they begin to hear muttering and people chatting. The four friends turn their heads to see some Inkwell residents are looking at something on a light pole.

"Hey, what's going on over there?" Cuphead wonders.

"Let's go find out," Red Rose says.

The four friends then walk over to the crowd who are chatting in excitement. The four look to see a kind of poster. The poster seems to have pictures of fireworks in the night sky, with magic wisps, and glitter. There's also a kind of circus tent. On top of it is a kind of red skinned genie that seems to be wearing a turquoise and yellow vest, pants, and hat that has a red gem on it.

"Dijimmi's Magic Mystery Show? Dijimmi will solve any problem you have and be able to tell your future," Chalice reads the poster.

"A Mystery show," Cuphead replies. He then smiles and happily shouts, "Neat!"

"That show looks very interesting," Mugman says.

"It surely looks interesting. Maybe we should go check it out," Chalice says.

"I agree. Let's go check it out," Red Rose says.

Mugman looks at the poster, "According to this, it's going to be near the Inkwell Pier, and the show is tonight."

"Sounds cool. Let's go," Chalice says.

And with that, the four friends dash off to check out the show for themselves.

Later that night, the group of friends are in line with the other spectators to wait in line to get inside the tent to see the show.

Cuphead groans in frustration, "Ugh. This line."

"Be patient, they'll let us in soon," Red Rose says.

"Perhaps I can go take a peek and see what's inside," Chalice says.

"Sorry Chalice, but I'm waiting in line," Mugman says.

Then says, "Besides, I'm sure they'll let us in soon enough. And it's fun to wait with your friends."