Episode 41: Cupstaged

In the Inkwell underworld's theater, the Devil is dressed in a purple medieval outfit as he sings 'La donna è mobile' and dances to Henchman and some of the other demons. The Devil continues to sing and holds out the final note. And then collapses on the floor soon after.

After the performance, there is one spectator who applauds at the performance, and that is henchman.

Henchman continues to applaud as he gets out of his seat, "Bravo! Encore! Yes! That's my boss!"

As for the other demons, they're actually sleeping while wearing special glasses that have eyes on them. Once of the Imp's glasses drops off.

"Huh? Mmm," The Imp replies waking up, but falls back to sleep snoring.

Henchman shudders in reply.

Hearing that, the Devil sits up and asks, "Wha...? Don't any of you appreciate the theater?"

"I appreciated the nap," One of the other Imp says, and begins laughing.

However, it is soon turned to fiery dust by the Devil using his pitchfork.

The Devil slams his pitchfork on the stage and angrily says, "I am tired of being unappreciated by you cultural numbskulls. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, because today's performance shall be my last."

The Imps however applaud after hearing that.

"Oh! Hmph," The Devil huffs bitterly and begins to leave the stage.

He pulls his pitchfork off and, "Hmph." again.

Then uses his pitchfork to teleport himself away from his office.

"Surely someone somewhere must appreciate what I have to offer," The Devil says, dramatically and presses the button on the coffee machine, "I deserve an audience. I deserve to be adored."

Just then, the coffee machine places the cup down upside down and the coffee spills on the cup that falls to the floor. Frustrated, the Devil destroys the coffee machine too.

"Ugh!" The Devil grunts and takes his leave.

But then, something grabs his attention.

He looks at the billboard to see a flier with a Cup headed superhero.

The Devil reads the flier, 'Cup Rogers vs. The Meteor. A New Space Opera.' ;Auditions open!'

He gasps and yelps in excitement, "This is my big break. I'll be a star! "Cup Rogers is the role..."

"I was born to play!" Mugman happily says.

Turns out, Mugman plans to audition for Cup Rogers as well and is at the theater for the audition. Cuphead and Red Rose are there as well to give their support. Well, Red Rose is anyway. Cuphead is playing with his yo-yo.

"That's right, guys. Today's the day. The first stop on the road to Mugman's stage debut!" Mugman happily says.

"Oh yeah? What about your stage fright?" Cuphead questions

"Oh, I have a little trick for that," Mugman answers.

"What kind of trick?" Red Rose asks.

"You'll see once I audition," Mugman says.

Cuphead turns to Red Rose and asks, "Remind me why we agreed to come?"

"We're here to cheer Mugman and to help him with his stage fright," Red Rose says.

"Oh yeah. I remember," Cuphead says, still playing with his yo-yo.

Soon, they hear the doors open.

"Ooh! It's time," Mugman happily says.