Theodore

Eve listened in, fascinated by his tales of over the horizon. And if his tales held any truth in it, Theodore was a charming male with quite a personality to indulge people with. At the moment, she was laughing with him about his adventures with a certain Fae. "You are crude!" Eve exclaimed, trying to keep her amusement in. Theodore gave her a lopsided grin, "you don't seem to mind it." He shrugged. "Nevertheless, you just met me. I don't need to hear about all your accounts," Eve replied making him hum even when she knew he did not care much about how long it had been since their meeting or the fact that she was there on official business.

"Well, Theodore, it was nice meeting you but I do have to finish what I came here for," she said, finally getting up from the seat they had been sitting on for the past half hour. "It was my pleasure meeting you, my lady," he said sincerely. Eve shook her head, "just Eve." He nodded, "come back again if you want. I am here for a few days, I could tell you more about the places I have visited and you could tell me about the places you have gone too," he offered. Eve nodded; she would like that. For all his laid back and lopsided grin ways, Theodore seemed like a good male with interesting stories to tell.

Sighing, she trudged to where Finnick' workers sat in a huddle; it was lunch time and the sun was shining upon their backs. "Do you mind if I join?" Eve asked, a bit hesitant at talking to complete strangers who looked just as grim as their master.

One of them looked at her and after a moment of contemplation, nodded. Releasing a breath, she sat down on one of the rocks, beside a curly haired male. "Do you'll work for Finnick?" she asked. They looked at each other and nodded suspiciously before one of them asked, "who is asking?"

"I am on behalf of Lady Morrigan," she said. "And you are?" one of the females asked, her hand outstretched as she took some more curry to eat. "Eve, I help the High Lord now and then," she answered; she really had to ask Rhys what title was she supposed to use the next time something like this came up. One of the males tilted their heads and scrutinized her, she held his stare. "You are the human made Fae, aren't you?" he asked finally and the others did a double take. Eve sighed, of course some of them knew, they travelled after all, gaining gossip from all over. "I am, I fought in the war," she said quietly. They seemed to look at her with newfound sympathy and respect.

Not being able to bear the looks they were giving, she quickly turned into business mode, asking, her voice clear, "would you lot mind answering a few questions I have concerning Finnick?"

"Shoot," one of them said. "Is he a good superior? Does he give you all proper breaks and wage? Is he always grim and grumpy or do you all like him?" she asked.

After a second of silence, one of them answered, snarling, "he is none of those things." The others mummered their agreement.

"He gives us minimum wage and makes us works long hours. He forgets to give out the right orders or putting up the schedule at times.... And so he blames us for it. He was always grumpy though now it is getting unbearable."

"I see," Eve nodded. "I will inform Lady Morrigan and she will look into it; I am sure. Thank you for co-operating," she said and got up. The others nodded, giving her a small, grateful smile. She left to find Mor.

************

Since Eve had the rest of her evening to herself, she decided to visit her friend who unlike her, was employed. She opted to walk all the way to where Bri' café was instead of taking Mor on her offer of winnowing which she was sorely regretting after walking for the past fifteen minutes. By the time she reached the café, her legs were sore and sweat collected on her brow. Sighing she sat on one of the chairs kept outside and decided to lounge there for a while before someone noticed her presence and called Bri. By now, she was known by pretty much the entire staff that worked here and Bri had specifically mentioned them to leave her alone if she ordered nothing. Partial politics indeed.

"Hello Eve," Bri' voice floated towards her. Eve who had kept her head down looked up and smiled. "Hey, thought I'd pop by, is it a bad time?" Bri shook her head and took the seat beside her and sighed, looking towards the sky.

"How was your day?"

"I went to the harbour," Eve said. "Oh?" "Yeah, this thing between two traders.... Mor made me tag along. But, on the bright side it wasn't so bad and I met this guy Theodore who was very charming. I'll probably go again.... It was fun," Eve hummed. Bri' frowned, she had thought something was going on between Eve and the Shadowsinger.....

"Like a date or like two friends hanging out?" Bri asked, curious. Eve made a sound between a snort and a laugh, "friends." She didn't think she could think of anyone else romantically after Az. "Though I think you and him might hit it off," Eve replied. Bri hummed, "I am fine at the moment, not in the mood to date. Though, I'll come with you if I'm not busy."

"How was your day?" Eve asked after a while. "Not bad. The usual, you know? Some shipments came in a bit damaged though.... Will need to have a chat soon."

"Blooming?" Eve asked. "As always," Bri said with a smirk. "Not surprised, your café is one of the best," Eve complemented making Bri blush a bit. "Right, I better get back to work though, see you later," she said and with a quick hug hurried back to her waiting customers.

Eve sat there for a while, going through her day in her mind before leaving too. Maybe, she would visit Theodore tomorrow or day after. 

Happy reading :)

XOXO,

the amazing author who got up late today :/