History

Eve waited near the docks in the afternoon sun which was doing its job way too seriously. Her cap was forgotten in the House of Wind and so, while hiding under a small roof of a shop, she waited for Theodore to come down his ship.

It had been months since they had met and the letters had been scarce due to his ever changing location. Needless to say, she was looking forward to seeing him again. She had the entire day planned out and had even cleared her schedule beforehand. Her training for the day was cut in half after bit of pleading, and Feyre had already received a formal proposal to start 'Eyre Defence Classes.' The rest of the day would now only consist of them- her, Theo, and Bri (who would meet them later)- chilling around Velaris and gossiping about their new developments in life.

Lost in her thought, Eve did not notice someone approach her till he was quite literally in her face, grinning. "You alright?" he asked her, noticing the shock on her face at being abruptly bought out of her daze. Though, a smile quickly formed and she went in for a hug.

"I missed you too," he chuckled. "Lets go," Eve said, breaking apart, "Bri is meeting us at the café. Her highness cannot get away from that place even to meet her precious friends."

************

Presently, Bri, her and Theo sat under the outside benches of the café, catching up on all things nonimportant.

"My first branch opening is two weeks from now, in Rusk so, you better be there," Bri informed Theo. Rusk was another city in Night, near Velaris but not as guarded. "I can't wait," Theo grinned in return. Then, after a moment of silence, as if both had been possessed by the same spirit and mind, they turned towards her, smirking. "What?" Eve asked, a bit alarmed. "Give us the tea," Bri said. "I do not have any," she replied slowly. "Cut the bull. How far has it gone between you and the Spymaster?" Theo asked impatiently and she flushed red. "Have you two expressed your love for each other yet? Ooo... or have you both moved in?" Bri asked, barely containing her excitement. "Well.... We both live in the House of Wind?" Eve started, hoping it counted as 'tea' for them and Theo gave out a little squeal. "... along with Nesta and Cassian. My room is next to Nes' but she doesn't want to talk to me anymore," Eve finished.

Theo frowned, "so, you and the spymaster aren't actually moved in together... like officially?" Eve shook her head and he pouted and Eve swore she saw a bit of gold being passed to Bri. "But we do spend time together whenever we can." And Theo squealed again, looking back at Bri who shouted, "that doesn't count. I still win!" Making Eve chuckle. After a glare or two which passed between them, which she hoped would divert their mind, they turned back to her.

Apparently, there was more tea she could spill. "Doing what?" Bri wiggled her eyebrows- a genetic talent of hers. Eve shrugged, "he helps with the loneliness and the nightmares," her voice became small. Bri looked at her for two more seconds before enveloping her into a bone-crushing hug. Theo soon joined.

"It's ok," Eve laughed lightly, "it's getting better."

"I am sending him a box full of cupcakes. He likes sweet things though... right?" Bri asked, making Eve chuckle. Azriel, unknown to everyone else except a handful few, surprisingly loved anything sweet. He was crazy for them. And Eve felt proud to be one of the 'trusted ones' to know this little fact about him.

"I don't think he will mind," she replied to Bri, smiling.

**************

Theo had visited the Continent this time. He had sailed across, to the Mortal Lands border and a coastal town in Montesere where he had learned quite a few folklores. He was a sailor and a merchant- a quite handsome and charming one at that. He knew how to make people become at ease around him, make them open up. So, it was no surprise to her that he had managed to seduce some of the old fae to tell him folklores that were well forgotten by almost all minds in this world. One of the folklores he charmed out of some ancient nobleman on his death bed was about an evil sorcerer that had once roamed those lands in the Continent. Curiosity pinged at Eve who casually asked him to tell about all the stories he had heard. Theo, unknowing to her anticipation of learning something about Koschei, went ahead and told them. Anything- even the smallest morsel of information could be helpful.