Cottage on the hills

Eve was stretching with Gwyn who was humming a tune as her partner today. She yet had to completely forgive Nesta. Unbeknownst to her, Az to had been giving the Archeron sister his cold side too.

The Harp had been placed somewhere safe by Rhys- the location Eve had decided she did not care to know. Not when she had started waking up in the middle of night with it calling to her- to play it, to pluck its strings. On nights where the call became too loud, she would cuddle under Azriel's wings while his shadows embraced her further in their comfortable and soothing darkness.

"You should come too," Gwyn was saying to her. "Come where?" Eve blinked; coming back from her wandering thoughts. The priestess huffed. "To the morning prayers we have. You would be welcomed by everyone. And it might do you good." Eve raised her brow at that making Gwyn a bit flushed. "Oh, you know what I meant." Eve chuckled before growing serious; contemplating.

"What all do you do?"

"We sing. Sometimes, if we are in a festive mood, after the prayer we dance."

Eve gulped. "I will think about it." Gwyn nodded, satisfied.

They stood up as their last set completed. Emerie and Nesta joined them, both looking flushed. Eve didn't have to guess what those two had been talking about.

"Alright ladies, you know the drill. Take your positions," Cassian's voice bellowed. They all did so except Eve. Cass raised his brow at her and she shook her head. "Rhys and I have an early training session today. I thought he told you." Cassian shook his head.

"He is supposed to come pick me in a few minutes," Eve said. "Well, few minutes are enough for at least one small set," Cass replied making her huff. Knowing that the general would not let it go, Eve compiled.

She had almost finished her set when Rhys landed. Beside her, Nesta stiffened the slightest. "Apologies. I got held up," he said, smoothening his lapels. Cassian came forward to where Rhys stood. They were silent for a few minutes before Cassian shook his head, half smiling and half exasperated. It seemed Rhys had just informed him of her early departure today. Eve pursed her lips; seeing Cass amused about this was hardly a positive sign of where Rhys was taking her.

"You owe me a set," was all she told Rhys once he turned to face her. Rhys smirked, extending his hand. "Your morning hike will make up for it," he said. What hike? "We'll see," she replied sweetly. Emerie snickered while Gwyn was oddly silent. Eve looked at her and was amused to find a small blush on her cheeks. Rhys extended his hand, his foot tapping. Eve took it, ignoring his speech of how he thought today was going to be a particularly tiring day.

********************

They landed on a terrain. It was across the river on whose one side his house lay. "What was so important that you made me miss training? Not that I am complaining," Eve asked. Rhys chuckled. "You soon will."

At her impatient glare, he started explaining. "I am about to propose something- and hopefully, you won't say no." At her silence, he continued, "Cassian is going to be occupied with the training, Valkyrie business completely. So, you will be our only remaining emissary."

"And?" Eve asked, not understanding where this was going. "I can handle the workload if that's what you mean."

"Well, that too. But also, I will need you to go visit Eris again. Today or tomorrow."

"Alright," Eve said, confused to why this was such a big thing.

"And Az will accompany you."

"Absolutely not," she declared as soon as he finished his sentence. "Half an hour in- either I will lose my mind or Azriel will have choked Eris."