The fallout

TW: Slight implication of suicidal thoughts in the second half (marked with !!!)

Eve had forgone training that day. She was too tired. After the long night with friends and an even longer one with Azriel, she had decided to not go to the training ring to torture herself more. Nesta had come to wake her up as Az in his leathers and all glory was exiting her room, but Eve had simply gestured Nesta off when she had smirked.

It was nearing noon now and since she did not have much work, she decided to go visit her Valkyrie friends. Just as she was about to turn the corner, in came Nesta, her eyes glassy and her steps furious. Eve was instantly by her side.

"What happened?" "Nothing." "Bullshit." "Court business." Eve gave her a look that Nesta knew meant she had caught her lie. Eve was privy to more of the internal goings than she. But Nesta rushed to her door and clicked it shut before either- Eve or Cassian could enter.

Eve whirled to where Cassian stood. "What did you say to her?"

"Why do you assume I had anything to do with this?" he threw his hands up but one glare from her had him surrendering. "Okay! I- well, there was a vote a couple of days ago and Rhys and Amren voted against her."

"A vote for what?" Eve demanded. Cassian sighed before telling her everything, not knowing that Nesta was right on the other side of the door, leaning and listening to every word of his, letting it fuel her anger and betrayal.

******************************

She shouted at him to leave. She would feel bad about it later.

Eve turned and knocked on Nesta's door. "Is he gone?" came a voice. "Yes," Eve replied and the door opened. The look on Nesta's face hit her with force.

"Oh, Nes, I am so sorry. They are bastards for doing so, I am sorry," Eve said but Nesta only blinked. "You did not know either," Nesta said, stepping out. Eve followed her in haste, "no. You think I would partake in something like this?" She frowned. Nesta shook her head, "Some part of me thought neither would Amren."

Nesta's pace quickened and Eve struggled to follow her. "Where are you going?" Eve asked her.

"Amren's." Eve gave her a double-look, "Nesta," she tried. "No. No."

All the way down those horrendous steps, Eve was ignored by her. She was wheezing by the end of it even as Nesta seemed perfectly composed, no doubt, her fury giving her the adrenaline she wanted.

She tried calling Rhys by mind but he did not reply- he was busy then. "Nesta, please, think this through," she called after her, almost tripping on a wayward stone. Instead of replying though, Nesta simply walked even faster. Cursing, Eve ran to stop her.

"The rage you are feeling is understandable. But if you go toe to toe with Amren any way to salvage your friendship with her will become worse. Please, take a breath and then we will come up with a way to deal with these brain-dead's."

Nesta whirled, "she voted against me as if I was some child who needs a babysitter. They all did."

Eve sighed; she understood what Nesta meant. She sympathized. A door opened- and dear Amren stepped out, brows raised. "Stop shouting. You are disturbing me."

"Hello Amren, we were just leaving," Eve said. She hadn't realised that they had reached the cave-house already. But no sooner had she finished her sentence than Nesta barged in- furious and quick. "Guess we are doing this now then," Eve muttered under her breath, shouldering Amren as she entered uninvited.

"You voted against me," Nesta said, her cold voice belying the crack in her chest, wasting no time. Amren only rolled her eyes which didn't help the situation. Eve pursed her lips, trying to contact Rhys again and failing. She tried Feyre then whose response was instantaneous.