Dawn and Day

Dear Bri,

I finally got time to write to you. I am at Dawn and it is so pretty! The people are alright just like their High Lord. Some buildings that were turned upside down during the 50 years are still being built. I suppose the war came in the way. It seems like peonies are their specialty- it literally grows everywhere! Though, orange ones are the most abundant. I even bought a bouquet and have pressed one of its flower's petal in here because why not. Also, it seemed to pretty!

I almost forgot how novel it feels to write a letter. It's so much more intimate than texting. It makes me feel as if I am in medieval times in my world and am a secretive spy for a country, reporting to her majesty myself. Letters are so romantic and gives one a sense of peace while writing. Thus, I have decided I will write as often as possible... its fun.

Anyway, I know you have never been to Dawn so I wanted you to have a detailed description from my point of view so that you can imagine it from your sweet bakery whose cinnamon rolls are being missed very much by me. The streets are cobbled like they are in Velaris in the older areas, and almost all houses have a balcony jutting out with tinted windows. The market area here is huge enough to fit in at least twenty townhouses and still have place for people to gather and dance. That reminds me, when I arrived last night, people were celebrating someone' marriage so the whole street- where my inn was- was decorated with flowers and lanterns and people danced as if there was no tomorrow. I even sneaked a bit of their refreshing drinks- it was a modified mojito.

But of course, the most spectacular was the time of dawn. The colours during that time which decorate the sky are mesmerising. I woke up before the first light today and went to the roof to see the phenomenon. A small family was also there, visiting too and just as excited to see it. I sat on the ledge, waiting patiently and as the first rays broke through the horizon, a feeling of calmness took over me, along with a sense of hope. Hope for a new day that would provide me with new opportunities to learn and make mistakes. Dawn of a new era- this is what it felt like. For, even though I have witnessed the sunrise a lot of times before, here it is completely different. The colours that break seem ten times more vibrant- hues of blue, orange, pink surrounded me. The intensity of the rays are so much stronger, bathing me in their warmth, readying me for the upcoming day here. Maybe it was because of my anticipation to see Dawn's dawn or because I am a tourist seeing it for the first time, but the sunrise was amazing. I could've sworn I saw a little boy from the family even shed a tear- or maybe because he pricked himself with a nail by his own hand- don't ask.

I will be heading out to Day Court in two days. I plan to enjoy Dawn' delicacies till then and buy a souvenir. Maybe a keychain...

On other note, keep rocking and don't miss me much ;)

Eve

********

Dear Inner Circle,

I am writing to all of you together because writing for each is a bit hectic and time consuming and makes my wrists sore. So, you will all have to be content with this one letter.

I am in Day now and as promised... am writing to you. Dawn, as mentioned, was amazing though I am sure you all already knew that seeing you all are ancient and old cranky Fae (except Feyre, you are a boon to them). I was in the main market today when I saw Helion passing by- he seemed regal in his gold shawl and tunic. If he shone when we had seen him during the meeting, he seemed like the sun in his own home. All smiles and charms, he leisurely strolled by the shops, two guards with him. I would've escaped but he spotted me and somehow I had ended up buying three shawls- all of which Helion had a say in. Though, I have to admit his taste is not bad... Mor might have competition. The rest of the day was spent with him showing me around his house (it was the ultimate mansion). He seemed so happy and in his element as always- inquiring me about you all as he swung one of the younger kids who screamed in delight (Cassian and Mor more than the others for reasons my innocent mind cannot infer). We had the spiciest food and didn't stop till my nose became runny and my face was on fire.... But it was so worth it.

The main buildings here are painted gold and yellow and orange. Some houses look like they have been decorated with a colour scheme in mind and damn it if it doesn't look aesthetic. Helion is fun company, we spent an entire day together scheming pranks (which you all will never see coming even if I warn you now), shopping for his wardrobe, and pulling your legs specially Rhysand because you are too easy. Amren, you would love the Day Court jewellery- specially the one I saw today. It had a blood red ruby attached to a gold choker. I swooned- it would suit you well.

I am going to spare the other details now as I am hungry. Hope you all are fine there,

Eve

*******

Dear Az,

How are you? Hope you are not over working yourself again. Take a break, trust me, it feels good. Now, I only attached this small note for you because WRITE BACK! Bri told me she saw you sulking in the streets- are you sure you are a Shadowsinger? Kidding, but seriously, spare some time and write to me. I want to hear from you and be sure to send me some gossip, Spymaster.

Eve

******

The Inner Circle were happy that she was happy. They scowled and smiled as they read her letters and (though don't tell Eve) had asked Helion if he could check up on her with a few guards. Turns out, Helion liked her company and was free enough to join her for the entire day.

Nesta did not write back though she sat and stared at the letter she had received till guilt and pride came over her making her leave her house in exchange for some wine.

Bri kept the petal she had received in one of her old recipe books and had written back just as quickly for Eve would be leaving again in a few days with a new address then.

Azwas touched when he received a small note from Eve, it made him feel special.He had received curious glances and smirks from the rest which he had shruggedoff as he read her handwriting. Gossip... he could do that- he had to get back atRhys for his incessant teasing anyway. 

Happy reading :)

XOXO,

the amazing author