In the prison of my mind

He was taking her energy. He was taking her blood and her energy- her power from her very bones. She saw as he took it and moulded it into a translucent sphere. She knew he was going to use it for his purposes- that she had inadvertently helped him. But she also knew that she was not going to remember this in a few minutes. She would wake up with cuts on her hand on the island, not knowing how they had appeared. And she would be too distracted by Az' faith in the hands of Koschei too care.

Eve woke up, gasping. The dream- if that is what it could be called was fading quickly from her mind. But her heart still thundered at the now almost faded memory/dream. Az was already soothing her. She sighed, swinging her legs as she got up, half herself feeling a sense of foreboding and fear. "Love?" he asked. She shook her head. "Just a bad dream," she whispered. What was up today? Shaking her head, she started getting ready for Cassian's training with Az making her breakfast. It was only so long she could shrink away from him with the excuse of her trauma and injuries. Sooner or later, he might come and drag her to ring and she would rather not be manhandled like that by Cassian.

She took an hour to get ready, letting her heart come back to its normal pace before leaving the room. She was greeted by Nesta who instantly had her in a hug. Eve patted her back, "Morning, Nes." The said female only shook her head, muttering, "finally. I thought I would have to drag you to training myself. Do you know how much Gwyn and Emerie have been worrying. None of them have seen you for almost a week now." Eve chuckled, Nesta too hadn't seen her for almost a week except for once, "sorry." Nesta nodded, finally going back to her usual composed self. Gods, Eve had missed her.

She was greeted similarly by Gwyn and Emerie. Eve had welcomed their embrace- and Emerie's punch to her shoulder for being MIA for so long. They had loads of things to talk of, after all.

Eve took in a deep breath- this, she would fight all her nightmares away for this happiness she had found.

*********************

With this determination to be happy- as if it were that easy, she made her way to townhouse that same evening. Rhys had told her that Elain had been staying there for a few days now. Knocking on the door, she waited for the female to open it- hopefully. Eve knew she didn't have to do this but Elain was Nesta and Feyre's sister and she would see her every now and then. It was better to put aside their hostility alone than provide everyone with free drama at every festive occasion.

"Eve, welcome," the female opened the door, smiling pleasantly. Eve raised her brow but stepped in nevertheless. The foyer smelt like tea. "To what do I owe this pleasure?" From Elain's face it would seem like she was genuinely pleased to see Eve.

"You owe it to when you kissed my boyfriend and mate- without his consent and on a whim."

Elain flinched, "its not like that, I didn't mean to kiss him." Eve raised her brow, taking off her coat, stepping in the living room. Elain trailed after her. "Is that why I saw you and him all cozied up that night?" Eve turned toward the female, "why, Elain? I thought we finally had moved from the hostility you held for me!"

"We are!" Elain shouted back. "We are," she breathed.

"Then why?!"

"Because!" Elain sputtered, "I don't know, it was a whim, like you said and it won't ever, ever happen again."

"Well that's not good enough of an explanation for me," Eve huffed. Elain shook her head, stepping back, "this was a bad idea. Please leave."

"No," Eve replied, adamant. Scrunching her brow, she took one step forward, "why are you so worried about me being here?" For indeed, the female was looking more worried and anxious than this situation warranted. And on any other circumstance, Eve might have backed off but jealousy and anger were fuelling her too.