(Filler 2)

"I know you are upset," Eve said once they reached the balcony. She let herself dangle on the ledge once again, knowing Az was right behind her. "You would be correct," he replied scowling, though she could not see it. Sighing, Eve looked down at the tiny ant sized people and asked, "she is not at fault and you know that." "Her father got to you in Adriata. Who knows who others are waiting for such chances? You need to be on alert," he said. Eve gave out a frustrated groan, "do you know how- how mentally consuming it is? I just wanted to have fun for a while. Forget everything." Silence followed as Az did not reply.

After what seemed like a long stretch of silence, Az came and stood beside her and let his wings encase them both. "Sorry," he said quietly. "Not you're doing," she replied, shrugging. Az felt bad for her, of course she wanted an escape, she wanted fun and freedom. Az nodded, "do you want to fly?" Eve considered this for a second before nodding. Taking her hand, he stretched his wings once and took off.

Eve' heart bubbled with laughter as he flew higher and higher. "Oh, this is what love must feel like," she joked as she got more and more exhilarated. Azriel stilled for a moment before flapping his wings once again. "Have you ever been in love before?" he asked her quietly. She blinked at the question but after mulling over, "maybe close to love but no, I never fallen in love with anyone. What about you?" Azriel swallowed before saying, "once." Eve hummed, "Mor, right?" Azriel nodded, hiding his face. He didn't know how to broach the subject- he hadn't thought it through before asking her the question. Thankfully, she didn't question him further about it but started humming. This was another thing he had noticed about her that had changed- she had started singing again. Humming and silently singing but nevertheless, he was ecstatic about the progress.

His mate was humming again.

************

Rhys watched as the two of them spent some time flying over the Sidra, Eve' face indicating laughter while Az smiled faintly. Feyre came and stood beside him and on instinct, he held her hand. She squeezed it once, bringing his attention to her. "They will be alright, stop worrying," his mate told him softly and he nodded. "I know. Azriel seems so much happier when she is around, though I doubt she has noticed it," he said and Feyre hummed in agreement. "Mor winnowed Vixen back to Adriata," she informed him, "and Amren is impatiently waiting in Velaris to see for herself the status of Eve." Rhys smiled a bit at that, "she will have to wait for a bit. I am not risking Az' wrath by asking him to come back now, High Lord or not." Feyre chuckled but agreed- let him enjoy this for a while. "She is going back, isn't she?" Feyre asked, watching them do a full circle. Rhys nodded.

"We don't even know what all happened that day," he voiced, the tattoo on his arm looking ten times darker. "I don't think she is ready to tell us," Feyre said. They had made Amren search the books for the tattoo seemed to be in another language but they hadn't found anything yet. Rhys was growing impatient. "She would have told us if it had dangerous repercussion," Feyre added. "I know but...." he sighed. They had gone through so much, he wanted to make sure nothing more happened. Not knowing what the tattoo bargain symbolized was eating at him and at Feyre. And though they tried being understanding, it was becoming more and more difficult to not question Eve about it.

"We will ask her soon." Feyre said and he agreed. A month- he gave herself and himself a month.

**********

Vixen had been deemed safe enough by the High Lady and Lord to go back to Summer while Eve stayed back for some time. They had gone back to Velaris where Amren had been waiting outside her apartment with a scowl. "You are fine then," she said looking Eve up and down. "As fine as ever," Eve replied, opening the apartment. "Why, were you worried?" Eve asked, gasping for dramatics. Amren scoffed, "curious." And though the answer was cold, Eve smiled. "How long are you here for?" she asked. "A few days I suppose, I will be going back though," Eve replied and felt Az stiffen beside her. She ignored this and instead, inspected the apartment which though should have been filled with dust, was clean. She looked at Azriel who was looking anywhere but at her. Eve continued looking at him till he faltered and finally looked at her. "Thank you," she said and he nodded, blush coating his cheeks a bit. Amren' gaze jumped between the two before she muttered something under her breath and left.

Eve took in everything as she stood in the middle of the room. The aesthetic fireplace, the comfortable couch, bare grey walls with few paintings, plants even. Az really had been taking care of the place. "It's good to be back," Eve sighed and slumped onto the couch. Az took a place beside her and exhaled, "stay then." Her face whipped towards him but she didn't say anything. "Stay," he insisted again. "I- I don't know...." Azriel sighed but did not push further but even the thought of her leaving again- it hurt. Azriel felt a twinge of jealousy at the life she had settled into at Adriata but he pushed it down once again. Cauldron, she looked beautiful. Shaking his head, trying to get rid of his random thoughts related to Eve, he focused on the small flames that Eve had ignited in the fireplace.

"Oh come on, I am still here for a few more days," she said, nudging him. He gave her a small, sad smile and nodded. He would just have to make the best of the upcoming limited time with his mate. 

Happy reading :)

XOXO,

the amazing author who just saw tick, tick... boom and damn it was so good!