Ten _ Nightmare

Chloe

There is always something that keeps me under longer than necessary, in the dark, with the coldness enveloping me whole. I just there sat unmoving on the floor, curled up into a ball, waiting. Waiting till I couldn’t take it anymore, till I anymore and really had to go up again. Maybe it was because if I got back to the surface there wasn’t gonna be her laughter ringing in the air, making everything worthwhile.

What if I had waited? What if I hadn’t acted on raging impulse and left? She would’ve come back. I knew she would. She’d never been good at choosing sides. And she’d always regret her decision, even if it’d been the right one.

I felt a splash somewhere far above me on the surface. I opened my eyes looked up. After some time getting used to the rush of the cold water and the darkness that greeted first, I found a shadow in the dark swimming down my way. I couldn’t hold out much longer anyway. So deciding to take a break, I waved at the guy and kick the ground under me to swim up.

We met halfway as he stopped and waited for me and we swam together back to the surface.

“Sorry. Didn’t mean to disturb you. I just wanted to check up on you.”

“It’s okay.” I said, my voice raspy from shortage of breath. “I was coming up anyway.”

“John told me not to worry but I didn’t think you could stay that long. That was really impressive.” John was the old pool guard who was usually here at this hour.

“Thanks.” I gave him a smile and swam away. I heard him follow me through the water as I pushed myself up onto the pool edging.

“Hey, I’m Zac.”

He introduced himself as I grabbed the towel and started wiping my hair dry. I decided to just rest for the night without going another lap.

“Zac, see you later, okay.” Giving him an apologetic smile, I turned and headed over to the changing room. I just wasn’t in the mood to talk to him right now, or anyone for that matter.

All I had on my mind was tomorrow: Monday: school: her.

I’d talk to her. And I knew she wanted to, too, by the look she wore when we met last Friday. I’d give her a chance. I’d give her a chance to make it up to me again.

Heck, who am I kidding? It’s me who need her more than she does me. A lot more!

…………………………              

…………………………

Nicole

‘Sparks fly’? Bullshit! My eyes couldn’t even see, care to see, a damn thing since the first touch of my lips on hers. I knew this was getting out of hand, yet I couldn’t stop. All control went out the window as the kiss deepened. She’d changed, but obviously for the better.

I’d seduce, make her desperate for me then cut her off; that was what I had planned. I’d set out to take down the fox but was instead was faced with a mouse: a sexy mouse at that. She was completely the opposite of what I’d expected and that was the problem. It caught me off guard, to a point that my I-am-not-to-be-toyed-with mission spelled in bold ‘Take me now’ on my forehead.

My hand pinning hers on the bed left the pointless job, since she was making little to null effort to push me off, and joined the other which was already entangled in her hair. I couldn’t remember the last time I found myself so turned on just by kissing someone. And it wasn’t even French’ed, yet.

I gently sucked in her bottom lip and nibbled on it and that as always did the trick as she moaned into the kiss and granted me access to her warm cavern. And boy, did she ever taste good! It was something like strawberry but definitely better. Again she put out little fight for dominance as I hungrily took control. She moaned at every move I made. I again couldn’t help notice that this was so unlike her; she’d always been the one leading in our encounters, always fighting for control and yet, here she was, meek, shy, reluctant.