Twenty Seven _ Face-off

Rina

Wiping my hair, I stepped into the room again and found Liz on the bed with her back to me. But I could see a glimpse of my laptop in her lap.

“Good thing we decided to look for other songs. Favorite Mistake’s been registered.”

A frown grew on my face. I really liked that song.

“Really?” I sat down on the bed behind her and took a glance at the screen over her shoulder. “But I can still use it, can’t it?”

“Why ask for unnecessary challenge?” I watched her browse around till she found my name in the list and the cursor halted in the song title groove. “If two people use the same song, one will inevitably come out making better impression on whoever’s judging.”

I rested my chin on her shoulder and nodded.

“Jeez, you’re dripping!” She as usual exclaimed and turned around on her butt, almost throwing my laptop away in the process. “Give it here.”

I handed her the towel and turned my back on her when she told me to.

“So what am I singing?” I don’t know if it could be called a fetish but I really do like it when someone brushes, or does something with my hair like this. It feels real great.

“I Miss You, I Got You, or Don’t Know What. Which one do you like?” Why did she even include Norah’s song? My voice is nowhere near good for that.

“Which do you?”

“I’d take the first one but it doesn’t matter what I like. You’re the one singing.” But of course, I got the vibe that I should choose that song.

“Well, I like Miley.”

“I Miss You, then.” I couldn’t help but notice the satisfaction in her voice and it made me smile. “It’s so stuffy in here, don’t you think?”

“Mmhm.”

“No windows and it’s much smaller than other rooms.”

“Yeah. Huh, how’d you know that?”

“Doesn’t really take a genius, silly. It’s obvious.”

“Yeah.” I’ve only been to Nicole’s but it’s quite bigger than this room.

“And this is the guest bedroom?”

I knew where she was going with this. “I know. But I don’t wanna ask her for anything more. At least, not right now.”

She pinched me on my bare shoulder, getting a yelp from me, then laughed. “You and your bleeding heart.”