Fourteen _ Comeback

I know, I had been dragging this but I had to. Unless you’d taken a liking to a girl who you didn’t know was your soon-to-be sister, hated her when you’d found out, and made out with her unknowingly afterwards, then you won’t know what Nicole was feeling. And same goes for Rina’s case. So like I said, I had to do this dragging.

But that trend of the story will be over in this chapter.

And this one is a little longer than usual. I am … sorry??

…………………………              

…………………………

Nicole

I could just be talking about the basin, or she could give me a break and excuse me for not being able to tell a faucet from a showerhead. I mean, she didn’t necessarily have to think I put her in the tub, which didn’t exist, and turned on the broken tap, which was never there, and got her wet, which unfortunately I did. She didn’t, right?

But there still was this itty-bitty problem: those marks on her chest and breasts that could last her for fifty lifetimes. I could only hope she was too inexperienced to know them from some kind of rash. And by the looks of how she’d responded last night, she just could be that inexperienced. Yeah, she could.

I heard a creak somewhere near where the door would be.

I hadn’t moved since I dropped onto the bed on my face maybe an hour ago, so getting up and turning around to saying hi didn’t appeal to me that much. Besides exchanging greetings wasn’t what we normally do when she came here.

 “Hi, Carol. There’s nothing you could do here. I’d done the washing. But the food. We’re low on food.”

I didn’t know if she’d noticed but I did. I just said we. And I didn’t mean she and I: Carol and Nicole. No, I meant, me with someone else.

“Don’t know if you’d heard but dad’s back, with some people. So till further notice, you quadruple everything you buy from now on. I … ”

I stopped mumbling into the mattress because I felt a dip on the foot of the bed. I bolted right up and rushed around to ask.

You see, Carol never does that. It obviously runs in Dad’s bloodline not to talk much. His cousin was no exception. She rarely uttered a word to me, much less cared to sit on the bed while I was sprawled across it at the same time. That is of course, IF it was my aunt on the other side of the bed.

That turned out to be a real huge if.

 “Who’s Carol?” she asked as shock hit me in the face. She gave me a real incredulous look as her short skirt rode up to her mid-thigh when she lifted her legs to sit fully on the bed, facing me.