Nineteen _ Hope

Me.

I came across the other day a story, also GxG, that was based on pretty much the same story line as mine; sisters being two of the main characters. I just want you to know that LiS isn’t a rip-off of some other work of other writers. This story, however lame or cliché it might be, is my idea.

Okay, I had to get it out. Sorry, :).

…………………………       

…………………………

Nicole

Another mouthful of taco went untouched by my taste bud. Truthfully, I didn’t know where half of the dinner went. Wasn’t sure taco could be termed dinner but that wasn’t my point.

Dad called. Said he won’t be back till this Saturday. I was more than glad that they weren’t gonna be here for a few more days. I needed some time to think. I’d thought of going against him but it finally dawned on me that I hadn’t really thought the plan through.

I knew Grandpa was on my side but I also knew that Dad wouldn’t have married Rina’s mom without his permission; which meant even if I went and asked him to make them leave, he’d try to sweet-talk me out of it. But let’s face the question; did I want them to leave in the first place?

Even though I might be having the time of life in the eyes of everyone around me, inside, I’d gotten so sick of standing on my own. And I wanted someone so bad to stand by me; someone other than Steve.

Dad used to be that person and it was the truth that I wanted my father back but unless he showed something more than just appreciation for his mistakes, I’d never forgive him, much less forget what he’d said to me the day of the accident.

And his wife? Not in this life.

But Rina, now she was a different story. She was the only thing not wrong with his coming back married.

And this different story still wasn’t home. It’s way past seven now. Of course, it wouldn’t be that surprising if she spent the night at Elizabeth’s. But with the way we’d been lately, I kinda thought at least she’d tell me.

Had I been too harsh on her this afternoon? I confess that that last shot was a little un-called for but when her gaze swung from me, she looked over my shoulder and suddenly smiled, I just … kinda lost it.

The sound of a car probably pulling in the drive way caught my ear. I heard the front door open and it wasn’t long before she appeared at the kitchen door. I noticed the engine never died, the noise of which faded away some moments later and I knew Elizabeth or whoever drove her home wasn’t coming in. I didn’t mind that much, anyway.

We both had our eyes locked for a few seconds before she gave me a small smile and moved her hand just a little, bringing my attention to a poly bag she was holding. “I got some casserole.” She took a step into the room before stopping again. “Do you want some?”