Twenty _ Just Another Day?

This chapter is dedicated to Eviganlover87.

Thanks for your support Sarah. I’m really grateful, :).

…………………………       

…………………………

Rina

I woke up this morning just the way I’d gone to bed last night: with a smile. I couldn’t keep it off if I tried. I took longer than I usually did in the bathroom and still I found it was too early. So before getting some breakfast, I decided to do what I’d been putting off forever: unpacking.

Two bags done and whistling half way through the second last one, my Euphorian mood took a nostalgic turn as my eyes landed on a familiar clothing. The white Tee with RAIN painted in somber letters over the front now rested in my hands as I took a ride down the memory lane once shared by Kim.

Suddenly, I felt the need to have it on, and also the need to have some eggs for breakfast, just like the way we used to. In a wild spontaneity, I yanked the nightie off over my shoulders and slipped into the T-shirt. My eye caught those marks on my chest but I refused to let those in my head, at least for now.

A while later, I was in the kitchen poaching eggs, completely on automatic mode, while my mind was far away. I didn’t realize I’d made enough for two until I sat down at the table to start my early morning meal. But the mood to get up and grab another dish didn’t strike me as I settled into the chair with toasted breads in one plate and all the eggs in the pan.

‘No matter what.’

‘No matter what. You’ll never leave me. And I will never leave you.’

Those words echoed in the back of my head. A vow; which I broke. A promise; which I ran away from.

I kept staring into the creamy wall of the kitchen before me until the plain white surface began to show a set of grey eyes, looking back into my very own. For how long I didn’t know, I sat there with absolutely no voluntary control over my self. That was until every thought running through my mind was ….. overshadowed?

…………………………       

…………………………

Nicole

I was jerked out of the land of Nod. For a second or two, I thought I was still out because everything felt so hypnotic. Then I finally found out what’d awoken me; the noises! I still couldn’t make out where it was coming from but the notion that Rina was also in the house downstairs had me scampering off the bed towards the door.

The thought did cross my mind that it might be her but dismissed it as unlikely when I saw out the window that it was still dark outside. By the time my hand was on the knob, my senses were finally re-gathered.

Stepping out, I cursed under my breath as the door creaked when it was swung to full reach. In fear of making another noise, I chose to leave it open and tiptoed along the hallway. I didn’t hold my breath or anything because simply, I just didn’t peg myself vulnerable to petty crime-doers but I did exert enough care not to make any more noise stealing down the stairs.

But even before I reached the floor, I saw light sprayed around where the bottom steps ended and finally noticed the noises, which were surprisingly loud for some intruder to be making, were coming from the kitchen.

Anxiety wore off and curiosity grew. What was she doing? Well, it had to be her, right? What housebreaker in his right ‘criminal’ mind would steal into a house and then make enough noise to wake the whole town?