Two _ Moment of Truth

Nicole

Just about twenty minutes was left before the final bell when I got back to school. Although to get some rest was my intention when I’d left earlier, I as usual ended up at a bar and lost track of time there.  My bike had to stay behind for if I wanted to make it back here in one piece, I knew I had to take a cab or something. The hallways were empty as I made my way to the lockers.

As I was running through the missed calls I received during my ‘recreation time’, an unfamiliar number caught my eye.  And it’d called four times already? My heart leapt in excitement at the possibility that this might very well be Rina. Okay, it was rather a wishful thinking than a possibility.

Shit, I totally forgot about her. I thought about waiting for her by the entrance and decided to, ‘cause it was only a matter of minutes now before the final bell went off.

Even if I made it to the class, I still have to talk to Baldy for being late and being what I call ‘refreshed’ and they call ‘drunk’. Baldy was this teacher who looks like he’s got an elephant shoved up his arse whenever he was conscious.

I was headed for the entrance when my phone rang. I fished for it in my back pocket and flipped it open to see that it was that unknown number. Finally, I thought, and took it. I waited for that sweet angelic voice but nothing came. Well somebody’s shy. But as I was about to speak out first, a voice buzzed in my ear. And it made me froze.

“Kun, is that you?” I didn’t respond for I still didn’t know if this was for real. He took the silence as a yes and went on.

“How are you doing?”

Was that even a question? After nearly two years without a word and he asked how I was doing? I almost snapped back but thought better of it and waited for what he had to say next.

“Alright, listen, I’m coming back home. The flight is in a few hours.”

Wait, what? “What?” I half-yelled.

“I’ll talk to you when I get home, alright?”

“Why? Why are you coming back?” there were so many questions lining up as to why he was calling now? And what was the reason of this sudden comeback?

“We’ll talk later, Okay?”

And with that he hung up. I couldn’t believe how casually he put it, like nothing ever happened. Not to mention he even used my nickname, one I haven’t heard in so long a time.

Just hearing his voice brought back so many painful memories. Memories I’d tried so hard to forget but barely succeeded. I knew I should’ve told him off but some part of me kinda ridiculously wished that he did come home, that he knew better to start mending his ways after ignoring me like he did for the past two years.

But on the other hand, as much as I wanted him back, I wasn’t going to let him just waltz his way into my life again. Not after he left it to rot and never looked back. No, I was gonna make sure he knew what kind of hell he left me in. My train of thoughts broke when somebody pounced at me. I felt the familiar feel of her body and that over-flirtatious voice was unmistakable.

“Where have you been all day? I’ve been looking all over for you.”

I turned to see what you would call the school slut grinning at me. I put my hands under her thighs and lifted her up so that she was now straddling me in midair. As she scissored  her legs across my waist, I removed my hand from under one of her legs and pulled the back of her head closer for a long hard kiss. But strangely that didn’t ease my racing mind. At all.

I pulled away and she stared back at me, quite taken aback by my reaction. Normally, which meant nearly always, I never even talked to her nicely if I didn’t have to get her to bed. Delight took over the surprise on her face.