Five _ Mistakes

Part One _ Secrets

..............................

Nicole

This is why I have my meals alone. I just can’t stand people looking at me while I’m eating, even if it is just some occasional glances. But that was not what I was getting now. This chick in front of me was staring at me, I mean staring. She’d been like that since we started eating, well I started eating. She’d hardly even touched her food. If I hadn’t this whole thing going on, I would have been flirting with her, instead of sitting here letting her test my patience.

“So what’s this place like?” She asked, apparently realizing my uneasiness.

“What do you want to know?” I asked, looking up to meet the bold observant stare that was still there.

“Well, you know, the lie of the land, flora and fauna, and stuff.” She said, picking up a strawberry from her plate and plopping it down her mouth. I smiled at her choice of words and the way she chewed the fruit. Besides her sexy vibe, she also did look cute, that is when she was not acting like she owned the world.

“It’s the same old shit you have at every other high school in the country.” I shrugged but was glad that at least we were talking now. “There’s jerks, bitches, nerds. We kinda have the best record in scholar department in our region, though. Our sports teams excel in their fields, except for football.”

 “You do any sports?”

“Yeah, I play soccer. Mainly.” I answered as I finished up my breakfast with a glass of milk, after looking at the clock.

“Mainly?” she asked grabbing a handful of strawberries as she got up along with me.

“I sometimes play tennis and run track.” I answered nonchalantly as I watched her trashing her plate.

“Wow, no wonder you’ve got a great body.” She said, her hand snaking around my waist and feeling my side. It hadn’t been an hour since we met and she was already getting touchy-feely. If I didn’t have a lot on my mind, I would’ve returned the favor and made for bedding her tonight. But not right now. I just didn’t feel like doing it at the moment.

“What about you, any sports?”

“I did some swimming in the past. But right now I eat, sleep, then…..  eat and sleep.”

“Come on, you don’t get a body like this without working out.”

“Soooooo, you like my body?” She leaned on me more than necessary as we dodged a couple of students running for their class. Nerds. The warning bell hadn’t even rung yet.

"So when did you get here?” I asked without answering her question. She did have a great body but sadly she knew it and boosting her already sky-high ego was the last thing I’d wanna do. She noticed that and let out a chuckle.

We were greeted by the chattering noises and prying eyes as we turned the corner.

“Just a few d…,” she was cut off when I tried to push her aside. She looked at me confused and was about to say something before she was shoved away again, this time by Clyde and his minions, who gave out bitchy chuckles walking past us.

Not that they scared me but I usually tried to avoid them. Mostly because they disgust me, sometimes literally.

“Fuck, watch where you are going.” She yelled, surprising those around us. But surprised faces turned to sympathetic ones as realization took over that she was new and probably didn’t know Clyde, the prince of pricks. He turned around and smirked when he saw her fuming face, which looked really cute.