1- Yeji

I have officially ascended the throne recently. I finally reached the age of eighteen where I'm destined to take over and rule the vampires. I'm also a senior in high school but that's boring so let's focus on me being a vampire.

It's not impossible for pure blood vampires to get impregnated by another pure blood vampire but it is close to being impossible so you don't really hear a lot of pure vampire babies. You hear about half vampires, vampires tend to fall in love with humans a lot. It's easier for male vampires to impregnate a female human than it is for male human to impregnate female vampires.

Everyone thinks it's because my mother is the queen, the reason why she was able to have me. I won't even attempt to do what she's done. If a female vampire gets pregnant, pregnancy usually last around 55 years since our body isn't well equipped for bearing a child.

I've been waiting to become queen for as long as I could remember. Not because I want power and such but I want to make some changes with our kind.

My mom hates humans and that's because they killed my father. They were thrown out from the village where they grew up after they found out my parents were vampires.

At that time, my mom was a little over 40 years pregnant, she raised me by herself. She hasn't married since then, vampires are pretty loyal. Even if we don't have mates or soulmates, once we fall in love with someone, we're in it for life which usually last forever.

Anyways, I brought up humans because right now, we kill a lot of humans. I'm surrounded by what i call mean vampires, meaning they feed off humans. I know it's not a clever name for them but that's not the point. Anyways, drinking human blood is not the problem. The problem is they kill them afterwards too. I really don't like that idea. I don't like the idea of hurting any kind. I believe we should be able to coexist in this world without a problem.

I don't understand why the need to kill or feed off humans directly. I mean I do know why they do its because of my mom's orders but each clan actually has someone specific they work with that provides the clans enough blood for everyone. I know my mom won't be happy with the change I want to make but its what I want.

"Yeji, we gotta go to school. Wait, do I call you Queen Yeji now?" My best friend Lia asks.

"Don't call me Queen, it sounds weird coming from you. Maybe like official business if there's like clan leaders around" I say to her.

Lia and I are in the same grade. We've been friends since I was born I guess. She took care of me as I mature. She's technically 70 years old but she looks like she's in her late teens or early twenty's so when I reached high school, she started attending with me.

"Is Yuna ready?" I ask.

She nods, "She's waiting for us in the car."

Yuna is another one of my best friend. She's still a young vampire like me. She's a first year in high school. She's half human and half vampire so lucky for her she can still eat human food. Her dad is a part of the clan, he fell in love with a human and had Yuna. Her mom is now a vampire after converting.

"Okay let's go then" I say. We go to the car and Yuna is munching on pizza.

"Pizza? This early in the morning?" Lia questions the Yuna.

"Yes? Just because you can't eat it doesn't mean I have to suffer too" Yuna talks with her mouth full.

"It's too early for you two to start bickering" I say.

"Queen Yeji" Yuna starts.

"Don't say it. Only call me that when officials are around" I seriously say.