50- Ryujin

"Start explaining what happened, Ryujin" my best friend is glaring at me.

I take a deep breath, "So I told Yeji I love her in her sleep then went down to the kitchen where I found Somi and Heejin talking then Yeonjun came with a cooler full of blood. We chatted then Yeonjun left then I left then I heard someone speak to me in my head. For a moment I thought I was going crazy but I wasn't. They told me to go outside so I did—"

"Ow!" I rub my head where Chaeryeong hit me.

"What was that for?" I frown.

"You went outside to follow a voice you didn't know without informing anyone?" She ask in her scary voice causing me to gulp.

"She has a point. What was that about, Ryujin?" My mate is now staring me down.

"I was curious. I didn't know how he could mindlink me so I wanted to know how he was doing that" I answer.

"Haven't you heard of the saying curiosity killed the cat?" My brother says.

"Well, good thing I'm not a cat" I make an annoying face at him.

"No, you're not. You're a dumb dog. You can't be considered a werewolf" he insults me.

"How dare you?" I pretend to be hurt.

'I don't appreciate that he refers to me as a dumb dog when it was your decision' Rieka says.

'You didn't stop me so you're a dumb dog and I'm a dumb human' I say.

They do have a point, I wasn't thinking. But a part of me just really felt the need to go out last night. I knew it was dumb but I still did it.

If I hadn't gone out then we wouldn't have found out about the qareens.

"How come every time all of you are together" Lia points at my friends, my brother and myself, "You always go off topic. Every single time. No matter how serious the conversation is, the next moment, all of you are talking nonsense."

"We really don't know" Chaeryeong thinks for a moment.

"You get used to it" Winter chimes in.

"Can Ryujin go back to explaining now?" Somin partially raise her hand to get everyone's attention.

"So where was I?" I pause for effect, "So I went outside. The voice told me to head west, didn't know where—"

"I told you to head east, not west" Chan corrects me.

"Am I ever gonna finish my story?" I dramatically ask.

"Get your story straight then" he fires back.

"Is the direction really that important? Let her finish the story" Yeji backs me up and internally cheer.

"I'm gonna cast a spell on everyone if you don't stop talking" Heejin threatens.

I take out my phone and open my notes app.

I show her and she reads it out loud, "Are you gonna cast a spell on me if I continue my story? That requires talking."

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, "I feel so bad for your mate. You seem like you're a handful."

"She has a point" Yeji backs me up again and I had to stop myself from squealing.

"I guess you two are meant together then" Heejin sighs.

"Just finish your story, please so we can figure out who's controlling these qareens" She adds.