16- Ryujin

I was able to attend the council meeting with Chaeryeong because Winter helped me trick her.

Winter told her mentor that she would be the one taking Chaeryeong to the meeting but really it would be me. We're sneaky like that.

Chaeryeong wasn't happy at first but she's so kind so she forgave me right away. I think it's because she loves me thats why she forgave me easily.

We saw Yeji I'm the meeting which I was happy about that but it didn't last long because she was really mean to me. She made me sound like the biggest flirt out there. From what I gathered, she wants nothing to do with me.

It was a weird experience though because I had my own emotions and I was sad but Rieka was whimpering, I could feel what she felt and it was more than just sadness.

I apologized to Rieka but she didn't answer me. It made me wonder if I should continue to even try to be with Yeji. Aside from our kinds not being allowed, it seemed like Yeji doesn't like me, not even as an individual.

The meeting itself was boring until the end. The dragon, Karina, was cool. I wonder why she wants to be able to be with other kinds. I know why I want to.

After the meeting, Chaeryeong and I left right now. I wasn't really in a good mood since I learned how Yeji sees me.

During my run with Chaeryeong on my back, I hope that Winter is doing okay. She's at home with my brother. He's good but can be annoying at times but I wouldn't trade him for anything, except maybe for Yeji, but he doesn't know that and that only became a thing after I found out Yeji is my mate. Before I wouldn't trade him for anything at all.

Chaeryeong would occasionally rub my back and I know she's trying to comfort me.

We get to the outside of Chaeryeong's pack territory and I shift back to my human form. Chaeryeong hands me my clothes and we walk back to my house.

"How are you doing?" She asks me.

"I'm okay. A part of me wants to prove her wrong and another part of me wants to give up because I might get hurt more" I answer.

"I want to be upset with you but I can't" she sighs.

"I told you that you have to stay quiet and not draw attention to yourself during that meeting. Speaking up is definitely not being quiet" she continues.

"I couldn't help it. The words just came out" I reason myself to her.

"I know for a fact that's not true but I'm not upset. I'm sorry about Yeji talked to you" She side hugs me.

"It's not your fault. I guess I get it. Beomgyu might be proud of being a flirt and he makes sure people knows, as to me, I don't mean to flirt. I'm just being me."

"I know. She will come around. Show her your true self. Not completely your true self because you have to hide that you're a hybrid but show 80% of yourself" my best friend makes me laugh.

We get to my house and I open the door.

"Why is it so dark?" I turn on the light and I scream.

"What? What happened" my best friend walks in to see what I saw. She doesn't scream but she is speechless.

"Why are you so loud?" Winter slowly wakes up.

Winter then screams, waking up my brother.

"Will you two shut up?" He yawns.

"What the hell!? Why are we sleeping all cuddled up!?" Winter questions him.

"Don't ask me. Last I knew we were watching a movie" he says still half asleep.