14- Ryujin

I run off, not even bother to say goodbye to Yeji because what the fuck was that? My goal is to seem cool and nonchalant and there was nothing cool or nonchalant with what just happened. Were not friends so she would question why I would act like that?

And the 'no one can touch you!' She's gonna think I'm controlling. How dare that guy touch my Yeji though? I've never felt jealousy before like this.

I decide not to go back to school and go home instead because I'm not ready to face Yeji. I lay in my bed contemplating my existence. What is she gonna think of me now? All I wanted was to see Yeji before class but then I had to see that man's dirty hands touching my beautiful mate.

Calm down, she doesn't like you, I tell myself.

But I drawn to her, I argue back with myself.

Because you're forced to. Your mates, I tell myself again.

'Stop arguing with yourself and talk to me. You sound crazy' Rieka speaks.

'How is talking to you be any different than talking to myself. People can't hear me anyways' I say.

'Because I'm my own being. I just don't have a body. They may not know but I know. And you sound crazy' she tells me.

'Fine. Is that normal? What I just did?' I ask.

'Yes. We're pretty territorial and that includes with our mate. You don't want anyone to touch or sometimes even go near your mate' she explains.

'That's not good. I can't keep doing that every time someone touches her. It will look suspicious and hello were not that close for me to have a reason to be protective of her' I sigh.

'Well I'd like for us to feel our mate. Just be one of her suitors' Rieka says.

'If I was an ordinary human, I can probably do that but as a werewolf, that's a no no.'

'I really think the moon goddess made a mistake on this one' I add.

She growls at me, 'The moon goddess never makes a mistake. If she chooses her as your mate then she's your mate.'

'I guess she is my type. Her adorable mole on her nose. Her pouty lip. Her beautiful smile and I think she has really nice teeth. Her cat like eyes' I picture Yeji's face.

'You aren't close but you know so much detail about her. More like you're a stalker' Rieka teases me.

'Hey, I can appreciate someone's beauty and she's very beautiful' I try to hide my embarrassment.

'Sure, say that to someone who doesn't know your feelings and thoughts' Rieka mocks me.

My conversation with Rieka stops when Winter and Chaeryeong comes in my room.

"What the flip Ryu?" Chaeryeong glares at me.

"I can't believe you would miss my first day like that" Winter pouts.

"I did something awful. Worse than awful. I can never go back to that school. I'll drop out, move to a different country, change my name and get plastic surgery to change my face' I exasperated.