18- Ryujin

"I can't believe you actually asked out Yeji" Chaeryeong laughs as we enter my house. We hang out in the living room like always. Winter sits on the recliner chair while Chaeryeong and I sit on the couch.

"What are you gonna tell your parents?" Winter ask.

"I'm gonna ask my mom to make a vampire friendly meal? What do you want me to tell them?" I say confuse.

"They're really okay with this?" My best friend ask.

"My mom knows they can't stop me. Vampire or not, she's my mate and I think I should give us a chance no matter what. I'm given the opportunity to have a mate, why throw the chance away just because she's a vampire and I'm part werewolf? We can be the supernatural version of Romeo and Juliet" I comment.

"You know they both die, right?" Chaeryeong slowly say.

"Yes, I know. I'm not dumb but her and I can't die that easily. I'm still immortal, thanks to my vampire side."

"This isn't like your normal mate interaction. She doesn't have a given connection to you. You're actually gonna have to try to make her fall for you" Winter states.

"Hence me asking her on a date, what are you two not understanding?" I question.

"We're just worried" Chaeryeong sighs.

"I know the risks, okay? And I'm okay with it" I say.

"I'm not worried about the council, Ryujin. I know they don't scare you. I'm worried because you might get hurt. You're willing to risk it all and put all your efforts in, would Yeji do the same? I'm afraid you'll be hurt if she doesn't want to fight the council along side you" She looks down.

"I'm not gonna force her to do anything with me, Ryeong. If in the end, she still doesn't want me then I'll let her go. I'm aware that's a possible outcome and I'm okay with it. Sure it will hurt but I know you'll be there with me in the end" I tell her.

"Are you two always like this?" Winter suddenly ask.

"Ryeongie, is my everything. I know she started being friends with me because of my parents so I have someone who knows my secret but she doesn't that way. She shows that she genuinely cares for me."

"Have you two ever had feelings for each other or thought of dating each other?" Winter ask.

"Eww no" Chaeryeong says right away.

I stare into nothingness and form tight lipped smile. I'm okay, I tell myself. I'm not offended.

Winter sees my face and laughs.

"That's not what I mean" Chaeryeong starts off, "our relationship is just platonic. I love Ryujin but not romantically."

"I get it" I sigh.

"Stop that! I know you don't want to date me either!" My best friend smacks my arm.

"Ow" I rub my arm, "you don't have to resort to violence. You didn't have to be so grossed out to the idea of us dating though."

"I'm sorry" Chaeryeong apologizes.

"It's okay. I know you love me" I rest my head on her shoulder.

She grabs my hand and I play with her fingers.

"If I didn't know you two, I really would guess you two are dating" Winter comments.

"We're comfortable" Chaeryeong says.

The front door opens and my brother and his friend, Yeonjun, walk in. Yes, it's the same guy courting Yeji.

"Ryu, is it true that you're going on a date with Yeji?" My brother looks upset.