33- Ryujin

I wake up and I'm in an unfamiliar place. I look down on my chest to see that it's completely healed. I look around, wondering where I'm at.

'Am I dead?' I ask Rieka.

'Yes, this is hell because you've been mean to your mate' She sarcastically says.

'I don't appreciate the sass.'

'Well I don't appreciate you trying to hurt our mate so I guess we're even' Rieka says.

"Oh you're awake. Here I brought you some blood" Yeji walks in.

"Where am I?" I ask without looking at her.

"In my room, how are you feeling?" She sits next to me on the bed. I feel awkward around her right now. She betrayed but turns out she didn't, I wanted to kill her but I didn't so I'm not sure where we stand with each other.

"I'm sorry for uh you know? Wanting to kill you" I say to her.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for sending you to isolation" she says.

"Why didn't you tell me you're a vampire though?" She ask.

"I didn't know how you would react. I am a hybrid" I answer.

"Why choose the werewolf side of yours?"

"My dad said that's the best way because then you or your mother would have wondered what clan were from and the werewolves are known to have a lot of what they call rogues so it wasn't suspicious that we weren't part of a pack" I explain.

"Who else knows about this?" She ask.

"Chaeryeong, Winter and now you" I say.

"So what happens between you and Winter now? You marked her" she sighs.

"Does that bother you?" I raise one brow at her.

"Oh okay" she simply says and I smile. Is she sad that I marked Winter?

"Maybe I'll see where it goes. Maybe I'll learn to love her once we mate" I say to see how she would react.

"Oh, that's cool" she says about to stand up but I pull her back down. I end up on my back and her upper body on top of me.

With our face so close to each other, I smile, "You're gonna let me mate with Winter?"

She licks her lips. She seems nervous right now.

"I–I mean if you want. I can't stop you" She tries to get up but I hold her down.

"Ahh okay" I say. I loosen my hold but she doesn't get off me.

"I should go then" I try to get up but this time she's the one that pushes me down.

"Don't. I thought I was your mate? Why would you want Winter? I'm sorry for what happened. Like I said it was San and my mom just did what she thought was best to protect me. Are you that upset with me to not even give me another chance? If you hate me then why did you take away my pain when you were choking me? I thought maybe you still wanted me to protect me like that but I guess I was wrong" she rest her forehead on my chest.

I place my hand on the back of her head, "I'm sorry. I wasn't really going to mate with Winter. I just wanted to make you jealous."

I really do feel bad now. "Look at me" I say.

She slowly lifts her head up, "Yes, I was angry when I thought you betrayed me but it doesn't mean that I hated you. I don't know if the mate thing is what's making me want you or if it's on my own accord now."