8- Ryujin

For the first time, I'm not late to school today. That's because I wanted to talk to Chaeryeong. I heard she didn't go to school yesterday too because of some sort of council meeting with the supernatural. Gotta admit, my best friend is badass.

"Ryeongie!" I wave while running to her. I don't care if people are watching me. I wanna say hi to my best friend.

"Ryujin, will you be quiet. You don't need to catch people's attention like that" she scolds me. My Chaeryeong's favorite hobby is to nag me so I make sure I give her a reason to do it.

"How was your shift?"She whispers when I sit next to her.

"It was painful but doable. Have you experienced it?" I ask.

"No. Next month I will."

"How was the meeting thing?" I ask now.

"It was interesting. I saw a mermaid, a giant and so many other creatures also, the dragon is requesting to allow mating with other kinds so thats exciting" she smiles.

"Why is that exciting? The person you like is human so it doesn't affect you" I question her.

"Right, anyways have you talked to your wolf yet?"

"Yes. Her name is Rieka" I answer.

"That's a cool name" she smiles at me.

I give her a weird look because she looks like she's keeping something from me. She looks really uncomfortable right now.

"Are you okay Ryeongie?" I ask.

"Yes I'm fine. Why do you ask?" She says, a bit startled.

"You just seem off. Did something happen I should know about?"

She shakes her head and tries to give me a genuine smile.

"You'll find out for yourself anyways" she whispers to herself.

"Find out what?" I question.

"You heard that?" She asks with wide eyes.

"Right, wolf hearing now and vampire" she answers herself.

"Have you been out and about today?" She asks.

"No. I came straight here to see you" I say.

"Ask me again later when you've encountered with more people" she informs me.

"Oh you said that Lia was the one for you before, is it because you're mates?" I ask.

She slowly shakes her head, "I used to think so but I found out some information about her that pretty much threw that idea out the window."

"Care to explain?"

"I'll explain later" she sighs.

"It's okay, Ryeongie. You still have me until you find your mate" I hug her.

"Get a room!" Someone yells to us.

"We are in a room! Dumbass!" I yell back. Classroom is a room.

"I mean- not like that. You know what I mean" he struggles to complete his sentence.

"Ryujin, you're so mean" Chaeryeong chuckles. I let her go and sit back in my seat.

"I'm not mean. I'm just messing with him" I smile innocently.

To be fair, some people do think that Chaeryeong and I are dating but we don't really care because we know that we're not. It might be hard to get into a relationship but if they don't accept my relationship with my Ryeongie then they can kiss my ass goodbye.