47- Ryujin

'Do you think we will be good a Alpha?" I ask Rieka.

'Hard to say.'

'Do you want to be an Alpha?' I ask another question.

'We don't have a choice. It's not like we can give away this role or anything. Heejin and Somi said that true alphas can only lose their rank if they die. I don't know about you but I'm not ready to die quite just yet. We haven't mated with our mate' She says.

I look over to the person sleeping next to me. I smile seeing how adorable my mate is. "I love you" I whisper, "I'll say it to you when you're awake. I don't don't love you anymore."

Were staying at Heejin's house for now. Luckily, she has a bunch of empty rooms so everyone has a private room. Yeji and I decided to share a room but she said no funny business so I told her that's the only business I know then she smacked me.

Yeonjun decided to stay and help out too. I guess we also have more hybrids coming tomorrow which I don't know why. I'm not planning to fight the council but it's probably because they want to be in a pack and have me as their alpha.

I try to fall asleep again and for the nth time, I fail.

I sit up on the bed, slowly, making sure I don't wake up Yeji. I get out of the bed and go to the kitchen, maybe some warm milk will help me sleep.

"Why aren't you telling Ryujin and Beomgyu that their parents are most likely dead?" I hear Mina says.

I quietly walk closer to the kitchen where thr voice came from.

"Because I truly don't know for sure" it sounds like Somi.

"You've experienced this. We thought you were the true Alpha when they took your parents."

"Ryujin, come out. You're not being sneaky" Somi calls me out.

I enter the room, "Do you think my parents are dead or not?"

"I truly don't know" she looks down.

"What did Mina mean by you've experienced this? And the true Alpha?" I ask.

"Everyone thought I was the true Alpha because I was stronger than any other hybrid. The council took my parents too and killed them. I couldn't try to save them because I was too much of a coward. I didn't react the way you did. You were willing to go after them the moment you found out they took your dad. Regardless it being a stupid decision, you were still willing to go after them" Somi explains.

"Since you stopped me, does that mean they killed my parents? My mom that tried to warn me wasn't actually my mom?" I ask.

"Hard to say. I'm not sure how much they heard through that human spy. They might keep them alive or they might kill them. Prepare yourself for the worst."

"If they have killed them, you can't react badly. You have to hold your composure, as hard as may that sound" Mina says.

"Yes, if they killed them then they're looking for you or your brother to react aggressively and use that as their reason why hybrids are dangerous" Somi adds to Mina's statement.

"But I'm just a baby" I cutely pout.

"Who are you pouting to? Yeji isn't here?" Mina shuts me down right away.

"You're heartless. That's what you are" I say.

"Delivery" Yeonjun walks in carrying a cooler.

"Where did you go?" I ask.

"Queen Yeji ordered me to get blood earlier. She said everyone here is probably gonna need it soon" he says.

I've been so distracted about everything that I didn't even realize we haven't drank any blood. Usually, my mom reminds me that I need to drink blood. Being hybrids, we don't need to consume as much as vampires do.