30- Chaeryeong/Ryujin

Ryujin's month has passed. I was able to convince the council to let me pick her up in case Ryujin shows signs that she's a vampire. Beomgyu and Winter are coming with me because we don't know what to expect. My birthday passed too so I have my wolf. I'm really sad that Ryujin wasn't around when it happened.

We're already at Ryujin's location. We're just waiting for the barrier to disappear. Wizards set an invisible barrier so Ryujin can't get out.

"Check the time" I say to Winter.

"One more minute" She says.

The barrier spell is timed exactly one month on the second they placed Ryujin here. They gave us all this information before coming here.

"And were good" Winter says.

All three of us run to find Ryujin since we don't know where she is. Beomgyu and Winter tries to mindlink her but she's not answering.

I finally find her, unconscious next to a giant rock.

"I found her!" I shout so they can head my way.

"Ryujin, wake up" I lightly slap her face.

She doesn't move and her breathing is weak.

"Beomgyu! Hurry! Bring me the blood" I shout again.

"I'm here!" Beomgyo hands me the blood right away.

I pour the blood into Ryujin's mouth, "Come on, work."

"Why isn't it working?" Winter arrives now, out of breath.

"I don't know! Come on, Ryujin. Wake up!" I continue to slap her face.

"Give her to me" Beomgyu pushes me aside.

"Come on, Ryu. I'm here now. Gyu is here, can you hear me?" Beomgyu is starting to get choked up.

He continues to give her more blood and she's still not responding.

"What's going on here? Why are you giving her blood?" I turn around to see Karina giving us a questioning look. We were so focused on Ryujin that we didn't even hear her arrive.

"Karina, what are you doing?" I stand up to face her.

"I wanted to see how Ryujin is doing" Karina says still looking at Ryujin.

"Why are you giving her blood? And what's wrong with her?" She points at Ryujin while looking at me now.

"Werewolves don't need blood so someone explain" Karina says.

Beomgyu and I look at each other, feeling defeated. How can we get out of here without exposing what they really are.

"Is no one gonna talk?" Karina questions when no one said anything.

"Winter, what's going on?" She faces Winter now.

"I...uh...what? Where am I? How did I get here?" Winter acts like she's lost.

"Will someone tell me what's going on!?" Karina roars, getting upset.

"We can't" I finally say.

"Why?" She glares at me.

"Because Ryujin's life will be in even more danger if you find out" I answer.

In that moment, Ryujin gains her consciousness and starts coughing. She holds her throat, "b–blo–od" she struggles to say.

"Ryujin!" I focus back to my friend.

"Blood!" She yells while her voice sounds so raspy.

She pushes Beomgyu aside then runs off. "What the hell?" Winter looks worried.