24- Ryujin/Yeji

I keep staring at the image on the wall. I didn't know my dad was part of the vampire council. He was a high ranking vampire but he left all of that behind to be with my mom but they stayed in this area though instead of moving somewhere far.

Yeji is probably gonna find all this out sooner rather than later. I just hope that she won't reject me for good when that time comes.

"Are you okay?" Yeji ask.

"I'm fine" I smile at her, hopefully convincing enough.

I hear footsteps approaching and all the hair on my body suddenly stands up.

"You must be Ryujin" the voice causes my body to shiver.

Out of my control, I kneel down on one knee and bow, "Mother Queen."

I don't even why I did that but I felt like it's something I should do to show respect. It'd weird that I have that same feeling with Yeji considering she's the current Queen.

"Ryujin, stand up. You don't have to do that" she helps me get up, "Only vampires have to greet my mom like that." She whispers the last part.

"I can't read your mind" Yeji's mom say as she walks closer to me.

"Mom, you shouldn't be reading anyone's mind" Yeji sounds annoyed.

"What? I want to know why you became interested in her" Mother Queen sweetly say but it doesn't seem genuine.

'Why can't she read my mind?' I ask Rieka because it's weird. Yeji is able to read my mind but she just chooses not to, maybe because she's my mate.

'It's because of me. Vampires won't easily access our thoughts because of me' Rieka informs me.

'Why did you block her?' I ask.

'I just feel threatened by her presence so be cautious' she warns me.

"Ryujin? Are you okay? You're zoning out" Yeji touches my shoulder.

"Yes I'm fine" I answer.

"I don't think you are. You've been acting odd since we got in this room" Yeji sounds worried. I should be happy about that but I just keep thinking about my dad and now Rieka and my body is reacting weird.

"I'm really okay" I assure her.

"Why don't we go to my office so we can have a proper chat?" She looks at me and I just nod.

Yeji holds my hand and I catch her mom look down. She's probably not happy about it.

"Mom, can you be nicer or help her relax at least" Yeji pleads.

"If she can't handle this then she's not good enough for you" She glares at Yeji.

"I'm okay, Yeji" I say.

"See, you're being dramatic. We're having a good time, right Ryujin?" She ask me.

"Yes" I agree because I'm not about to disagree with the Mother Queen.

We walk to her office with Yeji is still holding my hand. I'm really happy that she's comforting me throughout this whole thing. This isn't what I expected would happen today. My plan was to woo her mom with my charm but after seeing my dad, my plan derailed real quick.

"Have a seat, preferably not next to each other" Yeji's mom instruct. Yeji looks at me to see if that's okay and I signal her that it is.

I sit across from the Mother Queen while Yeji stands behind her.