38- Yeji

"How come your parents are never home?" Yuna ask while we wait for whoever is coming.

"I really don't know. They both have jobs so I never questioned it" Ryujin shrugs.

"What do they do?" Lia ask.

"Yea, vampires don't really work because were supported by the clan" Yuna adds.

"My mom is a nurse and dad is an architect" Ryujin answers.

"But wait, never mind" Beomgyu starts to say something.

"What? You can ask" I say.

"It was a stupid question. I was gonna ask how do you buy food but I forgot vampires don't eat food" He chuckles.

"Yea, we don't need food. The land where the mansion is has been there for so many years and were exempt to pay taxes on it. We don't stop vampires from getting a job though" I say to him.

"That's pretty cool" Winter say.

"She's nearby! I think its her at least because I don't think any other werewolf knows my house" Ryujin announces.

"That's her scent?" Beomgyu ask.

Chaeryeong and Winter sniffs the air. "What's her scent? I don't smell anything" Chaeryeong says.

"Is it a hybrid thing? I know everything is pretty much for them" Winter looks at Chaeryeong.

"You can smell each other?" Lia ask.

"Yes. Each werewolf has a scent but your mate's scent is different from what others can smell. It's specific to you" Chaeryeong explains.

"Is that why you always seem to sniff the air a lot when I'm around?" I ask Ryujin.

"Yes. It makes me feel safe and like I'm home" she smiles at me.

"Then why does Chaeryeong do the same thing when Lia is around?" I question.

"What?" Lia ask.

"I don't do that" Chaeryeong tries to deny.

"Wow, you're observant" Ryujin laughs.

"Just say it, Ryeongie" she adds.

"You know? How?" Chaeryeong asks her best friend.

"You can't hide anything from me" she smirks, "I can practically hear your wolf whine every time Lia is around."

"What? That's not true" Chaeryeong defends herself.

"You're right. Winter told me" Ryujin laughs.

"Winter!" Chaeryeong growls.

"But I wanna know why you didn't tell me" Ryujin pouts.

"I didn't think it was important considering your life is in danger so I wanted to focus on helping you first" Chaeryeong answers.

I'm really not sure what's going on. I have a feeling I know because she's acting kind of similar to how Ryujin acted with me. I don't want to assume though.

"My Ryeongie. I'm sorry. You've been so busy helping me that you're not living your life" Ryujin moves to sit next to Chaeryeong.

Were all currently in the living room since it's the biggest space in Ryujin's house. Lia and Yuna are sitting together on the loveseat. Ryujin, beomgyu and I are sitting on the couch while Winter and Chaeryeong sits on the floor.

"It's not just that. I'm helping you because it's the only way it can happen" Chaeryeong looks down.

"What's going on?" Yuna finally ask.