20- Yeji

"Well I guess I'll leave you two to it. It's nice meeting you, Yeji" her mom says good bye.

They leave so its just Ryujin and I.

I look everywhere but her because I'm feeling nervous.

"Are you okay? You look so tense. I'm not gonna eat you... yet" she smirks.

"I'm leaving" I start walking out the door.

"Wait, I'm sorry. Come back" I stop and exhale out loud.

"What's your plan for this date?" I turn around to face her.

"Well since it's a first date, I thought maybe dinner and just talk to get to know each other. Nothing big" she answers and I actually like that idea. Instead of assuming what I would like, she wants to know it first.

"Okay" I accidentally smile.

"Yes! You smiled. You look really beautiful" she suddenly gives me a compliment.

"Thanks" I say shyly.

"My mom cooked dinner for us. I hope that's okay. I shouldn't say cook, more like prepped food for us" she chuckles, "shall we?" She gestures for me to walk to the kitchen so I do.

When we get in the kitchen, she pulls out the chair for me. I say thank you as I sit. I look at the food in the table and I furrow my brows. It looks like human food with a glass of blood.

She must have noticed the look on my face.

"They're safe for vampires. My mom apparently knows some witches and they're able to do stuff like this. It's similar to what that restaurant can do. You know the one where you went on a date with that weird guy" she scoffs at the word guy.

"Do you drink blood too?" I ask, seeing her glass.

"Oh no. My mom must have made a mistake" she nervously laughs.

I want to ask her about the mate thing but I don't know how to bring it up. I don't understand how a vampire and werewolf can be mates.

We start eating and talking. We start with basic questions like favorite movies, hobbies, music genre and etc.

I have to admit that Ryujin is pretty cool. I'm actually having fun right now. She shares her story about her friendship with Chaeryeong then I do the same with Lia and Yuna.

"So Yeonjun wished me good luck today, did you have anything to do with that?" I ask, remembering it.

"He was over here last night. Him and my brother are friends. They've been friends for a while. We get along fine but something just took over me when I saw him touch you. I may or may not have blacked out" she says.

Knowing I'm her mate, it makes sense why she was like that. I just thought she was being weird.

"Are you and your brother close?" I ask.

"I think so. We don't show it at school but we're completely different at home. You should hang out with us some day. Bring Lia and Yuna too" she smiles.

"How about you? Do you like being a queen?" She ask.

"It's okay. It's weird to have control over so many lives but it's what I was trained to do. Growing up, all I kept hearing is that I have to be a good Queen. It's really important to my mom" I say.

"Is it important to you?" I'm taken aback by that question.

"I guess?" I hesitantly say.

"Don't think about your mom, give me one reason why you're happy to be a queen."