19- Yeji

Today is my date with Ryujin. It's so weird to think about that. I suddenly have a date with Ryujin. Surprisingly, neither one of the guys told my mom about it. What surprised me even more is when Yeonjun wished me good luck today. When did Ryujin and Yeonjun become friends?

"You're not gonna wear anything nicer for your date later?" Lia ask while we walk to our class.

I'm just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

"Why would dress nicely? It's probably not a serious date" I say.

"You should still at least put in some effort" Yuna runs from behind us.

"Yuna, you should be going to your class. You might be late" I say.

"I hate you're both older than me. After I graduate, we should all go back to school and be in the same class" Yuna suggest.

"Why would we want to go through that again?" Lia ask.

"So you can see how fun I am in school" Yuna answers.

"We see how you are in school now" I say.

"But not during class. I'm a different person in class. My beauty makes me the center of attention and I want you two to be there to admire me too" Yuna claims.

"The confidence" Lia and I laugh.

We stop in front of my class, "Yuna, you have to go back now" Lia tells her.

"Fine but update me at lunch what Ryujin says" Yuna tells me before running off. I get confuse by her statement because what would Ryujin say?

Lia taps my shoulder and I look at her, "Ryujin is waiting for you in the classroom" she whispers.

"What?" I look in the classroom and find Ryujin standing by my desk, holding flowers.

I quickly walk towards her to drag her out of the room and take her somewhere more private, like an empty classroom.

"You have a habit of pulling me away. I'm not complaining but a little warning from time to time would be nice" Ryujin chuckles.

"What are you doing? I already agreed on a date with you, you don't need to see me right now" I say, kind of annoyed.

"I just wanted to give you this flower and drink—"

"I can't drink that. I'm a vampire" I glare at her.

"I know" she looks down, "It's blood" she hands me the bottle and the flowers. I see it's black roses.

"I'm sorry if I keep embarrassing you" She sounds so defeated. She starts walking away and I feel extremely guilty. I know if she wasn't a werewolf I wouldn't be this tense about the situation and I wouldn't treat her the way I'm treating her now.

"Ryujin, wait" I walk to her and she stops but she doesn't turn around to face me.

"I'm sorry. This whole thing just makes me nervous. How are you not scared of getting caught? You just asked me out yesterday and some of the Vampires in my clan are talking about me being overthrown for even agreeing to go on a date with you. Doesn't your pack say anything?" I ask.

She still doesn't face me, "I'm not in a pack. My parents were kicked out so they lived on their own. I know everything is sudden for you but deep down you must feel something for me. It might not be love but you have to know that there could be something between us if you just give it a chance."

Why did her parents get kicked out from their pack? Did they do something bad? Also, Ryujin is not completely wrong. I do feel something when it comes to Ryujin but I think it's just my curiosity.