31- Yeji

Today is the day that Ryujin can leave isolation. I hope she's okay. I thought about going but maybe Ryujin doesn't want to see me so I stayed at home. San was also punished for exposing Beomgyu as a werewolf to humans. Even though we were able to fix the problem right away, he still has to pay for his actions. He's currently locked up in one of our cells.

"Are you happy that Ryujin is going home today?" Lia ask me. We're in the game room, just playing random games.

"Yes but I'm sure she's still mad at me" I sigh.

"Just explain yourself. I mean you already told everyone else. I'm sure she will understand" Lia says.

"I guess."

"I wonder if they're home now" I say out loud.

"Probably. She's probably resting now" Lia tells me.

"Queen Yeji, we have a problem" one of the staff in the house informs me.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's best if you go to your office. Your mom is already waiting there along with the vampire council" she says.

If the vampire council is involved then it must be serious.

I quickly make my way down to my office.

"I'm sorry I'm late so what's going on?" I ask right away while I get seated.

"There was an attack in one of the towns and we believe it's a vampire. Normally, when a vampire kills one human we don't care but there was more than one" the oldest man explains.

"How many died?" I ask.

"None."

"What? So they just took a quick bite then left?" I'm confused.

"Do we know which vampire did it?" I ask.

"We don't. It's odd because when we got there and none of the humans remember what happened. The only reason we were able to confirmed that vampires were involved was because the bite marks were still on their bodies."

"How did you know something was going on in the first place?" I ask another question.

"We always keep track of accident reports or incident reports in case it involves a vampire" the youngest of the council is the one to explain now.

"So it was reported but when you got there, the humans don't remember a thing but there were bite marks? How is that possible? We can alter memories but we can't erase them. How could their memories just be gone? Not even replacing the memories but just erased?" I say in disbelief. I've never heard of a vampire who can erase memories.

"We will keep an eye on it" my mom cuts in, "There's not much we can do right now since we have no leads or have any humans with a reliable memory of the incident. So let's not worry about this for now."

I look at my weirdly because when did she not care about stuff like this. I feel like this is something she would care about because there was a huge risk of us being exposed to the humans.

"Okay, keep us posted if there's anything that comes up" one of the members say.

"Will do" my mom smiles at them.

They get ready to leave and I'm still wondering whats going on with my mom. Why does it feel like she's rushing them to leave?

Once the last council member is gone, my mom faces me with worried look. "I know who did it."

My eyes widen and my jaw drops, "What? Who? How?"

"Every high ranking vampire has the ability to erase memories but it's a hard thing to master. Only one has ever done it but no one knows that he's mastered it except me. It has to be him."