23- Yeji

The next day after school, I'm waiting for Ryujin at the front gate so we can go to my house together. Lia and Yuna already went home.

"Can I take you home?" I hear San's voice from behind me.

"No, I'm good" I decline his offer as politely as possible.

"I heard the deal about Ryujin. Are you really going to entertain her?" He ask.

"I don't think that's any of your business. Whether it would be Yeonjun, Ryujin or anyone else, nothing I do with them would be any of your business" I say, I don't like how he said entertain Ryujin like I'm some sort of escort.

"Yeji—" He starts to say but Ryujin appears out of no where and stands between us.

"Watch out, Yeji. There's an annoying presence around you" she pretends not to see San and she has her arms extended to the sides trying to block San.

"Watch it, troll" San snarls.

"Did you hear that?" Ryujin pretends to listen closely.

San is about to hit Ryujin, "Lay a hand on her and that will be the end of you" I threaten.

"You're really protecting a werewolf over your kind?" San scoffs.

"If you actually know me then you would know I don't like violence so what makes you think hitting someone, werewolf or not, would be appealing to me? Are you saying all these time you've been courting me that you know nothing about me?" I ask.

"How can I when you don't let me in" he rolls his eyes.

"I didn't let Ryujin in either but she paid attention to me from afar to see how I'm like even if it's not personal. You didn't even make that effort" I say.

"Let's go, Ryujin" I take her hand and drag her.

"Yes boss" she waves at San and makes a face at him. A bit childish but she's cute.

"I don't know how I feel about these guys courting you" Ryujin is walking normally now, next to me.

"They were courting me first" I tease.

"But I'm special" she says cutely.

"You are, indeed" I chuckle.

"How come you always interrupt whenever they talk to me?" I ask.

"I don't know. I don't notice. I see them, I see black then next thing you know I'm making sure they can't make a move on you" She answers.

"Is that normal?"I ask.

"I guess. It's my wolf. Her name is Rieka by the way. She's really happy to be with you" Ryujin smiles.

"So your wolf is separate from you?"

"I guess they have their own minds and feelings but no body" she suddenly takes my hand so now were holding hands as we walk to my house. I look at her but she's not looking at me, pretending she didn't just take my hand. I laugh internally at her antics.

Honestly, I enjoy the things she's doing. The few times I've been with her, I feel like I'm in one of those love stories that I enjoy. I like how she professes her feelings for me, how she says she's gonna fight for us and such. Now this, sneakily taking my hand into hers.

"Aren't we supposed to be hiding us?" I ask her.

She looks down at our hands, "Woah, how did that happen? Did you do that?" She feign ignorance. She acts but never actually let go of my hand.

"I don't know how our hands ended up together but I'm more interested over the fact that you said us" she smirks, "I didn't know we were an us yet."

"You know what I mean" I glare at her, "Don't put another meaning into it."