52- Yeji

We stand there, completely shock with what just happened. None of us expected Ryujin to kill anyone. We also didn't expect for Heejin to die.

I look over to Beomgyu and he's frozen in his spot. I don't think he's ever seen Ryujin like this.

"Did she just kill that warlock like it was nothing?" I ask.

"My sister just killed someone" Beomgyu says with a straight face.

"To be fair, he killed Heejin first" Somi holds his hand.

"Sakura, who's the new High Priestess?" Somi ask.

"No" Ryujin walks back in the house but she doesn't look good. Her expression shows nothing but sadness.

"We're not getting another creature involved. Someone already died because of us. We can't ask anyone else to join us. I can't live with it if something happens to them too" she adds.

"We're already involved" someone else walks in from the front door and we all take our stance again.

"Who are you?" Ryujin forms a fist.

"The new High Priestess" she walks over to Heejin.

"How did you get here so fast?" I ask.

"She already called me. She ordered me to find the hearts of the qareens. They're dead, by the way. Did Vernon really kill her?" She sighs while taking one last look at Heejin.

"High Priestess. It's my honor to serve you" Sakura bows right away.

"Please take care of the bodies outside" I'm assuming she's talking about the qareens.

Sakura nods and leaves right away.

"The High Priestess kept me updated with your situation. She must have known that she would die today. Sadly, when the High Priestess dies, their soul doesn't go to heaven or hell. It becomes a source of power for the new High Priestess so I can't even go to hell to pull her out or maybe just visit her" the next High Priestess says.

"Ryujin" she walks up to my mate and places her hand on her chest, right above where her heart is. A part of me wants to rip it off but the moment she did that, Ryujin starts crying.

"I'm sorry" Ryujin sobs while she takes my hand and squeezes.

"It's not your fault. It was her choice to help you. You didn't force her to do anything. You didn't kill her. You have nothing to be sorry about" the woman calmly says.

"Vernon is the one who killed her. You only avenged her death. What happened today doesn't make you a bad person."

"Why are you willing to help us? You can move along like nothing happened?" Beomgyu ask.

"This is what Heejin wanted. If I don't help then her death would have meant nothing."

"I'm Jihyo, by the way. I feel you should know my name since I know your names."

She moves away from Ryujin then stands in front of me, "Have all your powers come in yet?"

"What?" I ask.

"You're the Queen of the Vampires, correct?" She ask and I say yes.

"Start a fire" She orders me.

"What?" I say again.

"Start a fire. Burn this house down."

"I can't start a fire" I say.

"Yes you can. The Vampire Queen holds all the rare powers vampires can have. You have the ability to start a fire, control the weather, bring people back from the dead, control animals and among other things. Have you not been practicing?"