48- Yeji

I wake up and Ryujin is not beside me anymore. I go downstairs and everyone is having breakfast. I see that Yeonjun brought blood like I asked.

"Where's Ryujin?" I ask while entering the kitchen.

"I thought she was still asleep" Beomgyu answers.

"No, I woke up alone" I say.

"We haven't seen her this morning. We talked last night and that's it" Yeonjun states.

"We talked to her too but she left first to go to bed" Somi adds.

"Beomgyu, can you mindlink her?" Chaeryeong suggest.

Beomgyu does a thing with his face, assuming he's trying to communicate with her.

"Either she's ignoring me or I can't mindlink to her."

"What if something happened to her?" I ask.

"She's probably out somewhere causing trouble" Chaeryeong continues to eat her breakfast.

"She wouldn't do that. She knows I would get mad if she does anything without telling me" I say.

"I think Yeji is right. If she was around then we should be able to smell her scent" Beomgyu states.

Chaeryeong, Winter and the hybrids starts sniffing the air.

"Do you think the council or anyone they work with could have gotten her?" I ask.

"No, Noone knows about this place unless one of you were followed on the way here" Heejin states.

"I have to look for her" I say.

"We'll go with you" Chaeryeong stops eating then drinks water before standing up.

"I swear if she's playing around then I'll kill her" Winter stands up as well.

"Let's go" I head towards the door.

Once outside, we split up into groups of two or three. Chaeryeong and Lia are with me. We thought that it would work well if every group would at least have one werewolf to pick up Ryujin's scent. Vampire's ability to smell is better than humans but not as good as werewolves.

"Ryujin!" Lia starts shouting.

"Don't do that. We don't know who or what's out here" Chaeryeong stops her right away.

"Sorry. I'm not used to being in the wilderness. In all my life, I've been living in a civilized world" Lia comments.

"Are you saying that us, werewolves, aren't civilized since we live in the woods? We need space to be able to run around in our wolf form. Were not like vampires that pretty much becomes invisible when running" Chaeryeong seems to take offense.

"That's not what I mean. I'm sorry it came off that way. I'm just ignorant with this whole thing, I'm sorry" Lia looks down.

Chaeryeong takes a deep breath, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so harsh about it."

While they're going through their little lovers quarrel, I look around to see if there's any signs of Ryujin anywhere.

"Are you looking for me?"

"The fuck?" the three of us jump from being startled.

"Where the hell have you been?" I scold her.

"I wanted to get some fresh air" she answers with her cheeky smile.

"Why are out by yourself? Something could have happened to you" I hug her.

She hugs me back and sniffs my neck, "I'm sorry" she whispers.