27- Yeji

It's time for the meeting to start. They bring Ryujin out and she looks so out of it. The silver must be hurting her really bad. I want to go over there and hug her but I have to pretend I want nothing to do with her.

The meeting starts. "So Queen Yeji here reported a werewolf trying to court her. She's told her no multiple times but the werewolf insisted. This werewolf is Ryujin?" The giant ask me.

"Yes" I answer without looking at Ryujin.

"So Ryujin won't leave you alone even after you reject her?" The giant ask again.

"Yes. She kept pushing herself to me so I had no choice but to report it so she will leave me alone" I say then I hear a whimper.

"Ryujin, what do you have to say?" The giant ask.

"Nothing" she looks down and I can hear her whimpering. She's really hurt.

"You're not gonna deny this?" Sieun, the mermaid, ask.

"No" Ryujin mutters.

Why isn't she saying anything? I would have thought that she would being the mate thing. Was she lying to me? Why is she quiet?

"Since you're not denying it, I guess we will discuss your punishment" the giant informs us.

"Why does she need to be punished? You said it yourself Queen Yeji reported it so nothing happened. A warning should be enough" Chaeryeong stands up.

"I agree" Karina speaks up.

"Since it was stopped, she technically didn't do anything wrong. Can we please take off those handcuffs, she looks like she's about to lose consciousness" Karina continues.

"Why does she have to be cuffed like that? You're treating her like she's dangerous. All she did was pursue Queen Yeji. She didn't abuse her or anything" Chaeryeong is getting angry now.

I want to speak up to but all I can hear is my mom's voice stopping me.

"We have to set an example. If we just give her a warning then everyone will think it's okay to try because first offense is just a warning" the minotaur speaks now.

"Then what are you thinking?" Karina ask.

"It can't be death" Chaeryeong glares at everyone.

"No no, it won't be death. Werewolves heals fast right?" The Goblin smirks.

"What are you thinking?" Chaeryeong seems to know where this is going.

"I say teach her a lesson, beat her up a little bit then isolation for one month" The goblin explains his thoughts.

"Why can't we just do the isolation part? Why beat her up?" Karina ask.

"I feel like isolation should be enough" I join their conversation.

"Queen Yeji, we thought you would like to see her get a little bruised" the goblin laughs like a maniac.

"What do you have against her?" Chaeryeong is trying to control herself.

"I didn't like how she thought she was all that during the last meeting. Not even part of the council but she dared speak up."

"Fine, we won't beat her up but I want added precautions before sending her to isolation" the giant says.

"What do you wanna do?" Chaeryeong nervously ask.

"She has to mark another werewolf" he says.

"That's not how that works. Marking is sacred for us!" Chaeryeong exclaims.