12- Yeji

Since it's the weekend, I thought it would be a good time for training with the new vampires. They consist of half humans, half vampires that was born or a human turned to vampire. They need to learn how to control their bloodlust. Older vampires usually take on a young vampire. We don't usually have the parents be the mentor because they might take it easy on their child. Turned vampires are usually taken care of by whoever turned them since they need to have that trust.

We rarely have natural born half human, half vampires though since my mom doesn't really allow the two kinds together when she was queen so majority of the young vampires are turned vampires. Most are turned for the purpose of growing numbers for our kind.

When Yuna's parents approached my mom that they were in love, it took a lot of convincing. I think the only reason she let them live is because Yuna's dad is my mom's best friend. Otherwise, they would have been punished.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Yuna sits next to me. I'm currently sitting on a bench in the backyard.

"I'm ready to announce that we're no longer killing humans for the heck of it and I'm allowing everyone to be with a human if they choose to do so" I say.

"That's great. How do you think your mom is going to react?" She asks.

"I'm not sure but I'll probably announce it later when everyone gets back" I answer.

"How's the dating life going?" Lia joins us.

"It's okay. I just can't feel that spark. Is it because we're vampires?" I ask the both of them.

"That can't be. My dad fell in love with my mom. He must have felt some sparks to risk his life just to be with her" Yuna looks at me.

"And I kinda have a spark when I look at Chaeryeong. More than I've ever felt in my whole life in this world" Lia says.

"Maybe I'm just heartless?" I question.

"Nah. You're not heartless. Yes, you don't cry easily but you show compassion. A heartless  person or vampire wouldn't be able to" Lia shuts down my theory.

"You wanna know something weird?" Yuna randomly say.

"What?" Lia and I both say.

"You know since Ryujin's wolf came out, I notice she's been avoiding you. I constantly find her looking for you then hiding" She shares, making me furrow my brows.

"Why would she avoid me? Is she scared because I'm the queen?" I ask.

"I don't know. During training, she's the same. Always so focused that you can't really talk to her but I've seen her around the halls and the cafeteria."

"She seems fun though. I see her and Chaeryeong laugh a lot" Lia says.

"Yeah, because you're always paying attention to Chaeryeong" Yuna smirks.

"I can't help it! She's too pretty. She naturally catches your eyes" Lia defends.

"I'm surprised that you're so open to same sex relationships considering how old you are" Yuna chuckles.

"You have to adapt with the world or it will be really hard to survive" Lia advices.

"So you're saying you were straight before?" I curiously ask.

"I wouldn't define myself. I'm just me" she gives me her adorable eye smile.

"Wow, Lia! That was a very cool answer. I almost didn't recognize you!" Yuna teases.

"Yah! Why do you like to tease us? We're older than you!" I take Lia's side.

"Because it's fun? Why else?" She sarcastically answer.